• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seto no Hanayome 17th Episode Broadcast on AT-X Cancelled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crescent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
>>; Kamen Rider Stronger definitely isn't Sentai. And robot is misleading, though not as false. "Cyborg" would be much more like it.
MakotoFatora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Was 17 the episode where San and Akeno have the sword duel in school, and Rei and Asuka are standing in the group of students watching at the end, or was that episode 16?
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quote
MakotoFatora wrote:
Was 17 the episode where San and Akeno have the sword duel in school, and Rei and Asuka are standing in the group of students watching at the end, or was that episode 16?

I think that might've been Episode 15.

[EDIT] Nevermind, it's 16.

Last edited by frentymon on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I guess I have to re-watch that one...

I guess I am surprised then that Hayate makes it onto the airwaves regularly with all the Gundam stuff in it...
RayV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote
They are talking about a Rebroadcast.

And 17 is where you meet Akeno's 'gang' I bet the gang members look too much like other anime.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the whole series just one big story with a bunch of mixed in parodies?All the jokes seem to have been ok before. Doesn't Japan have something along the lines of the freedom of expression like when MadTV and Saturday Night Live make fun of a nunch of TV series and celebrities?

Woops I was thinking of Hayate the Combat Butler, but wouldn't this case still fall under the parody category?
zetsuie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
Isn't the whole series just one big story with a bunch of mixed in parodies?All the jokes seem to have been ok before. Doesn't Japan have something along the lines of the freedom of expression like when MadTV and Saturday Night Live make fun of a nunch of TV series and celebrities?

Woops I was thinking of Hayate the Combat Butler, but wouldn't this case still fall under the parody category?
i agree i mean who the doesnt understand what a parody is espicially now that all the comedy anime show are trying to be like TMOHS and by using jokes only an anime otaku would get
Oronae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
chrisb wrote:

i agree i mean who the doesnt understand what a parody is espicially now that all the comedy anime show are trying to be like TMOHS and by using jokes only an anime otaku would get

TMOHS is hardly the first series to do it... plenty of series have done it before take, say, Excel Saga for example.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quote
I'm not supprised in regards to the show having refrences to other chracters and shows (Nagasumi has perviously been "Bulked up" To look like he's been drawn by Buronson) but I'm amazed someone called nonsence on them.

Especaily as Hayate the Combat Butler, which is a badly edited pille of crap of an adaptaion, got away with more blantant stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1