• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Godzilla: Resurgence Film Posts Teaser, July 29 Date, Visual

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuruBuckaroo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
118.5 meters (about 388.8 meters)

I realize most of America doesn't grok the metric system, but this is just silly.
Via_01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow. Godzilla looks TERRIFYING on the visual! It's like they took the original Godzilla design from the 50's and decided to add a few drops of horror to it. In any case, its looking good.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Cloverfield 2 being set in Japan is looking great. Wink
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
TBH, that Godzilla looks like it has the googly eyes that you can buy at the craft store, that kids use to make paper plate monsters and the like, it seems a bit goofy.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
So ready for this crazy-eye Godzilla.

And is this going to be a found footage film? Did I miss the memo?

At least the goal sounds like they really want to make a horror movie as opposed to a more action-oriented piece so I'm still totally down for this.
me_barron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:10 am Reply with quote
Yay shaky cam! This is practically a Hollywood film now.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:57 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the found footage is the way the film will be or just for the promotional material. Because if it's the former, I hope Gidorah and Mothra can hold a camera better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Levonr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
While I didn't care for this teaser(I want a real trailer) I really like the rumors I hear.

http://www.scified.com/godzillamovies/godzilla-resurgence-english-poster-shin-godzillas-height-art--more

"seem to hint that the image of Godzilla is a huge, animatronic prop or puppet.

It's highly likely that Godzilla will be brought to life with a lot of different practical effects methods and then enhanced with CG
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:33 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
TBH, that Godzilla looks like it has the googly eyes that you can buy at the craft store, that kids use to make paper plate monsters and the like, it seems a bit goofy.

I feel like this is what they're going for: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goblin_shark
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Man that's one hellavu scary Godzilla. It almost takes him back to his original 1954 design.
Relairknight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
His beady little eyes are weird, but other than that this is amazing. He looks like at true nuclear horror again. Do something with those eyes and kids are going to be wetting their pants when they see him.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
quoting the horrors of the real world, like 9/11, the March 11 tsunami, and subsequent Fukushima nuclear crisis having stripped the the world of its innocence.
As I recall there's a lot of amateur videos from all of those events so it might just be a lost footage movie like cloverfield or a horror movie like paranormal activity. But then again I could be wrong Confused
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:41 am Reply with quote

• But now there comes an even bigger piece of news: the size of the reptilian leading man himself. For the newest installment in the series, Shin Godzilla, Godzilla will stand 118.5 meters (389 feet) tall! Not only is that 10.5 meters taller than the version seen in Legendary Pictures’ American-produced 2014 Godzilla, it means that Shin Godzilla’s star will be larger than any other Godzilla in the franchise’s six-decade history.

The lack of humanizing qualities fits with the text on the promotional image, which translates as “Japan vs. Godzilla,” suggesting that Shin Godzilla will bring the setting back to Japan, and that Godzilla will be playing the role of the antagonist, not fighting to protect Japan from other, more destructive kaiju.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
My dad and I are excited for this! That poster is awesome.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
Anno and Higuchi--the same team that created that 10-minute short film that opens Eva 3.0 about the God Warrior from Nausicaa arriving in Tokyo.

Those 10 minutes were horrifying--especially the final image. If they can capture something like that at feature length, this could be really good.

The shaky-cam footage made me think at first that Anno might be directing it himself. His live action stuff like "Shiki-Jitsu" is shot in a more arthouse style.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2