• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Schwarzesmarken Anime's 2nd Promo Previews Ending Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
The ending song sounds nice! Can I watch this before having watched the original Muv-Luv?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Rika Hue wrote:
The ending song sounds nice! Can I watch this before having watched the original Muv-Luv?

yes, actually do it:0 works better this way:), the other muv luv adaptation is spin-off as well.
unless you want to read original muv-luv trilogy vn, which would improve your watching experience a lot. But no need for it as well.
bgstyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Rika Hue wrote:

Alternative setting and stories are different for both. So they are not related other than in name.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
DAT SLAP!

Song sounds good.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
bgstyl wrote:
Rika Hue wrote:

Alternative setting and stories are different for both. So they are not related other than in name.

Also, Scharzesmarken takes place 18 years prior to the main Muv-Luv story (and Total Eclipse), and in a different part of the world, so there really shouldn't be any prerequisite knowledge.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Good, no Japanese characters to interfere.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I've never touched anything related to Muv Luv, but do see complaints about TE not having an ending. Which is what is stopping me from every checking that one out.

So, hope this one will have a decently tied up finale.

As for the song, don't really like it. No idea what the songs for other anime have been for Muv Luv, but it just doesn't fit the image I have of this series. Laughing
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
bgstyl wrote:

invalidname wrote:
Also, Scharzesmarken takes place 18 years prior to the main Muv-Luv story (and Total Eclipse), and in a different part of the world, so there really shouldn't be any prerequisite knowledge.

Great to hear, thank you! I will definitely be trying this out then.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
I've never touched anything related to Muv Luv, but do see complaints about TE not having an ending. Which is what is stopping me from every checking that one out.

TE has an ending, albeit a half-hearted one (there's clearly more of a story to tell). Arguably, its greatest offense is its dedication to harem stuff that just Does Not Work. Still, it has its moments.
Quote:
So, hope this one will have a decently tied up finale.

I wonder if that will depend in any way on the release schedule of the VN, which I think is coming out in two parts. It could be that the anime will just cover part one of the VN, or maybe it'll do the whole thing (or maybe having an anime of part 2 will depend on sales of part 1)
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I was thinking of skipping this because I ended up dropping the Muv Luv anime and thought this was directly related to it, nice to know it's not.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
TE has an ending, albeit a half-hearted one (there's clearly more of a story to tell).

In my book, that's not an ending. If it's open, where you can tell there's more story, then I know I'd be dissatisfied.

invalidname wrote:
I wonder if that will depend in any way on the release schedule of the VN, which I think is coming out in two parts. It could be that the anime will just cover part one of the VN, or maybe it'll do the whole thing (or maybe having an anime of part 2 will depend on sales of part 1)

Knowing this now, I will temper my expectations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1