• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Idolm@ster: Platinum Stars for PS4 Previewed in 1st Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
The true reason behind Berserk's hiatus.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
It will be a bad year for Berserk and HxH fans.

It definitely looks good for sure but I still won't get it day 1 unless they additional day 1 character DLC.
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Did anyone saw the entire stream for this? Can anyone confirm if they mentioned the cast of current DLC characters would make an appearance?
This looks a lot more detailed without straying too far off the essence of the current IM@S game. Let's hope fan sites start giving me more info on what all has changed.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
The original anime idols are back!
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Odds Bamco bring this west? Pretty low I bet.
PackMontoya

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

I've seen a couple of arguments for why Bamco should localize iM@S such as the growing market for Japanese games, standards for localization being different than the past generations of games (where lack of dub was often looked down upon before but completely acceptable now) and how the number of PS4 owners in Japan is only a tiny fraction of the total number of PS4 owners worldwide and Bamco would be opening up to a huge potential market if they localized.

Of course, the big fat question is if Bamco believes in these arguments and are convinced by them to give iM@S a chance.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

I said the same thing about J-stars and Fighting Climax and look what happened, so it's not entirely impossible
Sylontack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Looks like this one will be a little harder to play without Japanese knowledge than the previous two, still getting it either way though. Now would be a great time for an attempted localisation though because that'll entice me even further to get a PS4
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I've only played a few of the handheld games, but is the gameplay for these on console also just reduced to a handful of mini games and a performance section where all you do is press a button when the expanding circle is in the right area?

I can definitely understand how there could be fans for these games, but I really hope the console gameplay goes much further than what I found rather disappointing on the handheld games.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

I said the same thing about J-stars and Fighting Climax and look what happened, so it's not entirely impossible

Given that none of the games have ever come stateside I'd argue the chances of us or europe getting this are virtually improbable.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I've only played a few of the handheld games, but is the gameplay for these on console also just reduced to a handful of mini games and a performance section where all you do is press a button when the expanding circle is in the right area?

The main game experience is closer to say a very dense Visual Novel for the main series.

There are of course the rhythm games and the observation modes for the song and dance routines with of course the main sale is having "cute girls doing an anime routine" as the main appeal of the series.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Given that none of the games have ever come stateside I'd argue the chances of us or europe getting this are virtually improbable.

Dude, what?
IdolM@ster was once came to the West but it is for smartphone iOS platform, the ported Shiny Festa from PSP.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-harmonic/id581870543?mt=8
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

Dude, what?
IdolM@ster was once came to the West but it is for smartphone iOS platform, the ported Shiny Festa from PSP.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idolm-ster-shiny-festa-harmonic/id581870543?mt=8

.......I don't think many non-japanese Idomaster fans would be content with an IOS port of a PSP game.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:37 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:

Dude, what?

.......I don't think many non-japanese Idomaster fans would be content with an IOS port of a PSP game.

Just want to state the fact game was once get the English release so its entirely not impossible for getting release for console. From the PS4 video gameplay it will be rhythm based, too bad because I prefer idol raising sim like in older games.
consignia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:

The main game experience is closer to say a very dense Visual Novel for the main series.

I wouldn't really say that at all. Most of the games are light on story, and the core is a management sim. You play mini-games to improve the character's stats, and the performance section has been getting more rhythm game-like in later games, but it's still mostly about managing them. Dearly Stars is probably the only one I'd describe as visual novel, and even then, I wouldn't exactly call it dense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1