• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, February 14-20

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
The Fire Emblem fates info is wrong. Its conquest and birthright not conquest and fates.

Forgot Franken Fran comes out today it's been on my to buy list. Hope the releases don't take long breaks in between volumes.
shuusei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote
You have the MSRPs for the Fate/stay night boxes reversed.
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly shocked it's taken Franken Fran this long to come out in the US. I remember reading it scans of it back in high school over six years ago, thinking this'd be a shoe-in for a US release.
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:49 am Reply with quote
AngryMoM wrote:
The Fire Emblem fates info is wrong. Its conquest and birthright not conquest and fates.

Forgot Franken Fran comes out today it's been on my to buy list. Hope the releases don't take long breaks in between volumes.

We currently have the next two omnibus collections scheduled for May and September, respectively.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
I'm honestly shocked it's taken Franken Fran this long to come out in the US. I remember reading it scans of it back in high school over six years ago, thinking this'd be a shoe-in for a US release.
The monster girl craze if probably to blame.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
The glitch is still being fixed! Laughing

Capcom forgot to fix that ludicrous Chun-Li boob jiggle “glitch” in Street Fighter V

• After inadvertently causing a stir at last year’s E3, Capcom assured players that Chun-Li’s freakishly bouncy breasts were merely the result of a bug that would be fixed for the game’s release…

At time of writing, the much-anticipated fighting game Street Fighter V has only been available at retailers for a few hours, but players are already noticing something very peculiar about veteran series character Chun-Li. Namely, that under certain circumstances, the character’s ample bosoms can end up briefly flopping around all over the place as though they’ve been possessed.

In fact, Chun-Li’s suddenly pendulous orbs made news about six months ago when players taking a beta version of the game for a spin at 2015’s E3 event noticed that, sometimes, on the character select screen, the poor Chinese martial artist’s own breasts appeared to be desperately trying to punch her in the face.

At the time, a Capcom spokesman pulled some damage control, telling media and attendees that Chun-Li’s wonky low-gravity breast physics were actually the result of a glitch and that it would be fixed by release, but it would seem that said “glitch” remains firmly in place [no pun intended] upon release.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
GVman wrote:
The monster girl craze if probably to blame.

It's a manga that's more derivative of EC comics than any American comics are or, to be honest, other manga. It's not just horror, it's not just comedy, it's excess and beyond.

In, Japan, there's so much manga, everything can find a niche but in the NA market, manga that is manga is the stuff that's most likely to get licensed and the titles that are more "comic book" tend not to and one that's more "Comics from the 50s?" Niche of a niche of a niche....

I still haven't made up my mind about it; if it was an anime, I'd buy it no problem but bookspace is limited... well, I never bought a hardbound EC comics collection either and I always meant to get the Weird Fantasy/Weird Science collections if not the whole thing.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
Franken Fran reminded me strongly of Reiko The Zombie Shop, which is a positive. It has the same weird humor and over the top graphics. It is almost a parody of horror stories.

I enjoyed it and intend to continue buying it. I got it from the comic shop last Wednesday.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:57 am Reply with quote
Just released and already having SFV server issues too: Laughing

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/16/capcom-aware-street-fighter-v-server-issues/
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Just Love Live! S2 for me this week.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, hold the phone, Franken Fran is getting a US release? I remember reading scanlations of it several years back, I'd love to re-read a physical copy.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Franken Fran

i don't think they will animate this series.. if yes.. probably as OVAs..

one of the more creepy horror series..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1