• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Ajin Film Premieres on May 6, 3rd Film on September 23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
The second key visual there looks awesome. I wonder what differences will be between the movie and TV version though since the current airing episodes are probably based on the second movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Drunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen the movie and anime yet, so I'm wondering if someone could tell me how they are related storywise.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
I haven't seen the movie and anime yet, so I'm wondering if someone could tell me how they are related storywise.

It's pretty much the same thing. TV anime now passed the first movie story and gone to the second.
RacistPenguin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:

There are small differences here and there between the movie and the TV anime. I'd recommend watching the anime, since it has some additional scenes and dialogue that the movie is missing. The anime will most likely cover the same amount of material as the first two movies, so after that you can watch the third movie, when it comes out.

PS: There were some concerns when it comes to censorship, since there was one censored shot in the 2nd episode of the anime that wasn't censored in the movie, but it wasn't anything that bad (nothing compared to tokyo ghoul, terraformars, etc), and since then I haven't noticed any censorship.
wolf10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
That clear file, though. If you knew nothing about the series, you'd think it was some sort of slice-of-life BL road trip. Gotta love when the merchandise goes out of the way to completely miss the point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1