• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Monster Secret/Actually, I Am Manga Has 'Important Announcement' on Thursday

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:35 am Reply with quote
A possible season 2? I'm hoping so...as I thought the series was funny and they need to adapt more chapters from the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Its probably an annoucement that it will enter its final arc or that it will end in a few more chapters...this story has actually been kind of draggin on as of late...and has been at hard trying to resolve a lot of the scenarios it has build up over the course of the story.

so yeah it is more likely what i said above but if it is a s2? no matter how slim i welcome it. Very Happy
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
A possible season 2? I'm hoping so...as I thought the series was funny and they need to adapt more chapters from the manga.

Unfortunately, BD/DVD sales were quite poor in Japan. Only the first of the 6 volumes even ranked, with sales of only 309. Even if the manga got a serious boost, they couldn't expect home video sales to even help defray the cost of another production.

It is sad, as I found this series enjoyable.
rikku45

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Unfortunately, BD/DVD sales were quite poor in Japan. Only the first of the 6 volumes even ranked, with sales of only 309. Even if the manga got a serious boost, they couldn't expect home video sales to even help defray the cost of another production.

It is sad, as I found this series enjoyable.
I'm guessing that I am right but do you use the same username for Crunchyroll?
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
Yep as was said above sadly the BD-DVD were simply horrible probably one of the worst sellers from summer, so hoping for a 2nd season is simply smth we aint gonna get they would really need some other source of money do they wouldnt care about much the BD-DVD sold...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:07 am Reply with quote
Maybe an OVA, or announcement about concluding the manga.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
Let's not forget that rin-ne also had abysmal disc sales, but had good ratings in china, and since jitsu wa has that kind of innocent humor, I would not discard a 2nd series.

I would discard and end of the series, they usually just announce it will end in x chapters, so if it is not a second season then it is an ova or video game.
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
yeah i don't expect a s2 to be announced. as already mentioned, the BD sales were shit, though i enjoyed the series. would welcome a s2 but won't be expecting one.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:15 pm Reply with quote
What about a live-action drama? Seems like lots of franchises are getting one these days.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Fingers crossed for ending or Season 2.
livinew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
It's not going to be a S2 announcement. The sales for the anime were beyond terrible. 300 bd sales, and that was for the first BD. Sales decrease for each BD for pretty much every anime so the 6th and final BD probably sold like 100 copies lol. The announcement is probably that the manga is about to end soon.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Let's not forget that rin-ne also had abysmal disc sales, but had good ratings in china, and since jitsu wa has that kind of innocent humor, I would not discard a 2nd series.

Rin-ne was not a late night anime. It aired at 5:30 PM on NHK-E. As I understand it, NHK-E is more akin to PBS in the US, so even ratings might be unimportant to a renewal.

rikku45 wrote:
I'm guessing that I am right but do you use the same username for Crunchyroll?

Yes. I was fortunate enough to be able to have the same username at CR, ANN, Funimation, The Anime Network, and MAL.
yusuke19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
A season 2 is possible Dvd and Blu-rays are not a factor just Look at Terra Formars.

If it was Ending They would of just so like they did with Assassination Classroom and other manga. And assclass got a spinoff for its important/Serious Annoucement. so we need calm down and see what happens next week.

If it was ending they would do this as a example:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-18/assassination-classroom-manga-to-end-in-5-chapters/.98814
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll posted news that the series is getting a stage play, with Ryo Ohishima (Hamatora stage play) as Asahi and Rin Asuka (Kamen Rider Double) as Youko. That's more than likely what the announcement was going to be.
yusuke19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
Crunchyroll posted news that the series is getting a stage play, with Ryo Ohishima (Hamatora stage play) as Asahi and Rin Asuka (Kamen Rider Double) as Youko. That's more than likely what the announcement was going to be.

Its not see this: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/18-1/actual-i-am-teases-announcement
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2