• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shonen Jump Heads to Universal Studios Japan This Summer with Three New Attractions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Aw, yeah!

I'm a huge roller coaster/amusement park geek on the side, so this kind of stuff makes me excited. It blends two of my fav things. Curious to see how everything will unfold, though.
Pikapwn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, awesome!

But does anyone have any idea if you would need to know Japanese to participate in the real escape game? I imagine it might be a lot of reading/listening to hints, so would it be possible for an English speaker to enjoy?
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Pikapwn wrote:
Oh wow, awesome!

But does anyone have any idea if you would need to know Japanese to participate in the real escape game? I imagine it might be a lot of reading/listening to hints, so would it be possible for an English speaker to enjoy?

When I participated in the Resident Evil/Biohazard real escape game at Universal Studios Japan a few months back, they had guides that spoke both languages, at least somewhat. I can speak Japanese so it was no problem, but I had friends with me who couldn't so the bilingual guide was very helpful, plus we generally knew what to expect from hearing what others' told us about the game. The whole experience was really rushed though (it was meant to be that way) and hilarious to have someone screaming HURRY UP at you in multiple languages. Not sure how a Death Note one would go though, that seems less "just run around and shoot things coming at you" and more mental, which might mean it's probably more word-based. I would imagine it would be more difficult for that one if you couldn't speak Japanese.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Man that sounds so awesome some day I'm definitely going to have to go visit universal studios Japan. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1