• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animax Carnival Malaysia 2016

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the article.

PS, although there are 5 different pictures of Nagi Yanagi in the photo gallery for the event, 2 of the 3 pictures of Nagi Yanagi in the main article are identical.

Last edited by omiya on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Great write up of the musical acts. Thanks for this.
NishizawaMihashi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
I'm a local so I went for the carnival but uh, I dunno... Thought I could find my homies but they came at a later time than me so I just ended up heading home and watch anime. I must say though, that 2015's Animax Carnival was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more enjoyable. I for one, personally can't wait for VAX 2016 in June, later this year. I wonder if there are any Malaysians on ANN though...
mierin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
^ What made 2015 more enjoyable than this year? Did you watch any of the performances?

Oh, there are Malaysians here (I'm one). We just keep a low profile. I for one don't usually reveal where I'm from in forums.
KenAkira

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Me too a malaysian but currently in japan thou so dint hav the chance to attend the fest
NishizawaMihashi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
^ What made 2015 more enjoyable than this year? Did you watch any of the performances?

Now perhaps that was too big of a stretch and I don't know what your take on the event is but basically, I just happened to really like last year's atmosphere and the offerings that they had in the halls. Plus, they brought in Mami Kawada which to me was like the one of the awesomest things that they could ever do. They would've taken me to fangasm heaven if they also brought along Maon Kurosaki for the ride but at least Mami was down so yeah. And ah yes, last year's live performances were frickin' awesome. I think Mami's and May'ns performances were the loudest I've heard at that convention hall so far, it was nuts.

Also, I just realized... 30,000 attendees!? Daffuq!? But, but how!? What method did they even use to count the attendees? 'Cause like seriously dude, the totality of that place in terms of event hall area alone amounts to roughly 1 1/2 of one of KLCC's halls. And mind you, we had like over 11,000 attendees for CF 2011 bruh. You sure or not? Cannot be wan lah weih...
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
It is really have that good response? because from the only and probably the last AFAMY we barely got attendees
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
NishizawaMihashi wrote:
I wonder if there are any Malaysians on ANN though...

ANN gets well over 100,000 visits a month from Malaysians.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1