• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Film Is #4 in 1st-Week Sales Among All Anime BDs to Date

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This article is about GuP surpassing Magica and it being like 2nd to love live or "it still not high nuff to beat LL!" which is the fact.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
^ I have no idea what youre trying to say. Grammar?

Also, Season 2 please then?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
Girls und Panzer just keeps bringing in more happy viewers and more cash! Smile Luck must really be on their side.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
Most definatly need a second season, so much left to accomplish, spoiler[They saved their scool, for real this time, and now there are new pro leages forming in order to get ready for the world tournament]
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
Girls & Panzer most certainly is really popular in Japan and so far a second season has yet to be announced. Confused
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Girls & Panzer most certainly is really popular in Japan and so far a second season has yet to be announced. Confused
Maybe you ought to give them some time to prepare for the script and such? Being hasty would definitely resulted in a weaker brand of work.

Nonetheless, it's great to know that Mr. Osomatsu and Girls und Punzer is booming with success. Sure beat the myth that Japanese buyers would only rather purchased harem and ecchi stuff, which I don't care if they did love those kind of genre any way since I don't judge.
Cetais

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
And I couldn't even bring myself to watch more than two episodes.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
LL fans surely would discredit GuP for gaining this numbers. I am not a fan of both, but if I have to choose, I would rather watch some tanks over dancing idols.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I've never really been able to get into the whole cute girls doing military stuff, but Haifuri is kind of good, actually, so maybe I'll check this out.

What I'm really curious about, in regards to the theatrical release, is how long Madoka and LL were in theaters. I don't remember either one of them sticking around for quite this long. Nor having these "special" showings and whatnot.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I've never really been able to get into the whole cute girls doing military stuff, but Haifuri is kind of good, actually, so maybe I'll check this out.

What I'm really curious about, in regards to the theatrical release, is how long Madoka and LL were in theaters. I don't remember either one of them sticking around for quite this long. Nor having these "special" showings and whatnot.

I don't know about Madoka but I believe LL was only in theaters for 202 days. I also don't remember it getting any theaters added or anything. I could be wrong though.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
@Saku-dono, I also found Love Live boring in its concept.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ejc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
LL fans surely would discredit GuP for gaining this numbers. I am not a fan of both, but if I have to choose, I would rather watch some tanks over dancing idols.

We're not discrediting GaruPan setting such massive numbers in its first week. I'm a fan of both franchises, but it is fact that it did not sell as high as Love Live did in the first week, despite some GaruPan fans thinking it would based on the Stalker estimates and its strong performance at storefront. For me I expected GaruPan to sell above Madoka's total sales but below Love Live's first week sales in its first week, but it slightly fell below my expectations. GaruPan has nearly always been overestimated by Stalker, so there was not much change in my mindset of coming up with some sort of prediction, which was almost spot on.

Also, bear in mind that the GaruPan Movie BDs does have an event ticket application serial code bundled with it (Source: http://girls-und-panzer.at.webry.info/201604/article_4.html), which means its sales is higher than it would've been without it. This is not a bad thing though, as to be a successful franchise in this day and age, you need to have a diverse set of revenue streams.

Quote:
参加申し込み方法:
5月27日発売「ガールズ&パンツァー 劇場版」Blu-ray特装限定版に、
本イベントの「イベントチケット優先販売申込券」を封入致します。
チケット販売のスケジュールほか詳細は、随時公式サイト等でお知らせします。
Ejc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
> It has not surpassed the Love Live! The School Idol Movie, which earned a total of 2.86 billion yen (about US$25.7 million) after opening in August 2015.

It opened in June 2015.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
@Saku-dono, I also found Love Live boring in its concept.
Even if there's people like you that dislike Love Live, at least some appreciation should be shown for the anime, because it is one of the most influential modern anime that helped developed the industry, while managing to attain mainstream status.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
Love Live is certainly popular, but I cannot see how it could be considered influential. In what way has Love Live changed or developed the industry would you say?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2