• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super Teases 'Future Trunks Arc' With Story Intro, New Visual

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Mai is probably closer to Trunks' power at this point than Trunks is to Goku and Vegeta's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bnio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
does a shotgun actually intimidate someone in the dragon ball universe? not even yamcha would take damage from that... probably...
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
That's Goku grinning right? He looks evil for some reason, lol.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Toriyama really shipping Trunks with Mai.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
bnio wrote:
does a shotgun actually intimidate someone in the dragon ball universe? not even yamcha would take damage from that... probably...

Well this is yamacha we're talking about here, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he died from shotgun blast 20 ft away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Melicans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I am most intrigued by the Potara earring on Goku Black. Goku died in that universe so... presumably he was either revived somehow (New Namek?) or its possible to fuse with a dead body?
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
I am most intrigued by the Potara earring on Goku Black. Goku died in that universe so... presumably he was either revived somehow (New Namek?) or its possible to fuse with a dead body?

but Goku in that universe died of natural causes. that Dragon balls cannot bring you back if you died naturally
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
Sure does look pretty interesting, too bad it probably won't be released state side for years to come which really sucks since Future Trunks was one of my favorite characters in the original Dragonball Z series. Sad
xzy123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Melicans wrote:

but Goku in that universe died of natural causes. that Dragon balls cannot bring you back if you died naturally

they will because of super Dragon Ball sound lame
tsukumo.yuma.98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
xzy123 wrote:
theNightster wrote:
Melicans wrote:

they will because of super Dragon Ball sound lame

Well we don't know if he has an eering on one ear are both, so he could not be a fussion

Best guess, if that isn't the goku we know or some evil twin or android...
Then I'm guessing it is Goku from Champa's dimention, or some other dimention
Or it's Goten, fused or unfused
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:

I noticed the earring right away as well. I find it hard to believe that is their universes Goku though. Both earring fusions we know of ended up with a personality similar to the two that fused. Seems odd that Goku fusing with anyone would end up as a total villain.

Since the gods are involved, I'm wondering if it isn't Goku from another universe. Or maybe Bardock, but his name is apparently Goku Black so that seems less likely.

Also, it really bugs me that they changed Trunk's hair to blue because it makes him look like SSGSS. Unless he actually is, but I don't think that is the case?
UNDISPUTED_NOC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Melicans wrote:

I noticed the earring right away as well. I find it hard to believe that is their universes Goku though. Both earring fusions we know of ended up with a personality similar to the two that fused. Seems odd that Goku fusing with anyone would end up as a total villain.

Since the gods are involved, I'm wondering if it isn't Goku from another universe. Or maybe Bardock, but his name is apparently Goku Black so that seems less likely.

Also, it really bugs me that they changed Trunk's hair to blue because it makes him look like SSGSS. Unless he actually is, but I don't think that is the case?

What is Super Saiyan Blue but Super Saiyan with godki channeled into the form, his hairstyle in that form would obviously not remain in the bowl cut style.
xchampion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 am Reply with quote
UNDISPUTED_NOC wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Melicans wrote:

What is Super Saiyan Blue but Super Saiyan with godki channeled into the form, his hairstyle in that form would obviously not remain in the bowl cut style.

I think Future Trunks just decided to dye his hair blue to be more like mommy! Laughing
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:12 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Melicans wrote:

well for one it's an alternate timeline NOT an alternate universe, they are 2 different things but anyway

in Future Trunks timeline Goku died of a virus not of natural causes so it's still possible for the Namek Dragon Balls to bring him back

and as for fusing with a dead character Goku did that with Vegeta in the Buu saga so yes it's possible
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
That's Goku grinning right? He looks evil for some reason, lol.

Did you even read the news?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2