• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Geneon Titles that will disappear forever!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
THANK GOD that i have 3X3 Eyes. got that 3 years ago on this xmas.

im interested in Heat Guy J though. could have gotten it at AnimeNEXT '06 but i decided not to. DAMMIT! oh well, after this there are gonna be spoiler[fansubs galore] out there.
Jih2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
No one mentioned Gungrave yet and I'm interested to see if anyone will pick AKIRA up.

I'm just biting the bullet and paying (up the ass) for the various series' I've been putting off buying because they're so damn expensive. Of course, things seem to only be getting more expensive online for Geneon stuff.
Ocean Deep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The one I'm most upset about is Black Lagoon. I loved the VA job so even if it gets picked up God knows if they'll keep the same VA's.

Just wanted to let you all know that Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage will be completed, and with the same voice actors too. So no need to worry about the character's voices changing.
As for the distribution; you're guesses are as good as ours. Once the dub is completed, what happens next is out of Ocean's hands...

Corey Fischer
Ocean Productions
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Ocean Deep wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know that Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage will be completed, and with the same voice actors too. So no need to worry about the character's voices changing.
As for the distribution; you're guesses are as good as ours. Once the dub is completed, what happens next is out of Ocean's hands...

Corey Fischer
Ocean Productions

This is extremely good news to hear. It's good to know that regardless of what happens to Geneon, that Black Lagoon will have a complete package, and ready to be picked up in short order.

Thanks for letting us know!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I appreciate that bit of news as well, Black Lagoon is probabally the best show I'm collecting at the moment. Cool

On the other hand if a tree falls in the forrest and nobody witnesses it did it really fall? If something is dubbed and nobody can hear it..... Crying or Very sad
indrik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear on Black Lagoon. If somebody's putting the money into dubbing it (well... I assume, but...) then somebody's going to want to get some money back out of it. And that's a pretty decent dub, too.

vbann wrote:

Hellsing however makes me a bit nervous. If geneon is really out the picture for good then I doubt that It will be released again untill the japan releases are nearly finished. The releases are extremely slow and it is on average 6-7 months per OVA. So at the rate japan is going it will be likely 4 to 5 years until it is completely finished. I think geneon was in a real hurry to release this series. I am devoted to the Limited editions and I don't know If I am gonna be able to find the third since geneon will not be making any more.

(snipped...)

For starters, it looks like my Hellsing v. 3 limited edition just shipped, so you should be ok for that.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this- but I believe that Geneon Japan is producing or co-producing the Hellsing OVAs. I wonder myself if that's what they mean by managing their portfolio, that they'll be focusing on distributing their own in-house properties, as opposed to licensing and distributing other folks' stuff. I would be very surprised if somebody can't manage to pick up the R1 license for Hellsing Ultimate before the next volume is due, or at least before the six months it would probably take. I think I remember a Japan release in November, but it got pushed back? Anyway, I'd be surprised if there's nothing in place before the next volume's ready to go.

I might be being overly optimistic, though.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Ocean Deep wrote:
Quote:
The one I'm most upset about is Black Lagoon. I loved the VA job so even if it gets picked up God knows if they'll keep the same VA's.

Corey Fischer
Ocean Productions

Best damn news I've heard lately. A nice silver lining in the sea of uncertainty. I hope this is a sign of what will happen to other mid run series right now. Black Lagoon is the title I'm most interested in right now from Geneon that's not finished so this brings a bit of happiness to an otherwise unhappy period. At least for BL fans anyway. You sir are awesome. Wink
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm slow, I'm surprised by this turn of events for Geneon/Pioneer. I should quickly complete my collection for Mermaid Forest and yes, I had always wanted to watch the Takahashi Anthology.
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
Don't be surprised if you can't find any of Geneon's final new releases after October 2nd streetdate. I work in retail and all of our distributors so far have been getting cancellation notices for the Tenjho Tenge Complete Collection and Zipang vol. 7, for example. It does not look good. An email I just got from Right Stuf said it was likely they had been canceled as well.
Polly E.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
mike.motaku wrote:
Don't be surprised if you can't find any of Geneon's final new releases after October 2nd streetdate. I work in retail and all of our distributors so far have been getting cancellation notices for the Tenjho Tenge Complete Collection and Zipang vol. 7, for example. It does not look good. An email I just got from Right Stuf said it was likely they had been canceled as well.

Anime Corner Store just listed both as coming in today.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
mike.motaku wrote:

does this mean that Fate/Stay Night is not safe after all? Crying or Very sad

Quote:
On the other hand if a tree falls in the forrest and nobody witnesses it did it really fall? If something is dubbed and nobody can hear it.....

I'm really not worried about Black Lagoon, especially with that confirmation of keeping the same cast. Seriously, we might even see a battle over that liscense.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Do you guys think Gankutsuou will be picked up again? I've only got the first volume currently, but I don't really have the money right now to buy the rest of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
starseven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I've already been checking into Fate Stay Knight. I've nearly finished my collection. It seems that the last volume of Fate Stay Knight is going to be released this month. I was happy when I saw a new release date and also to find out that some stores had already ordered it and it due to come in the next several weeks.

It would have been pretty annoying if they hadn't finished it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Do you guys think Gankutsuou will be picked up again? I've only got the first volume currently, but I don't really have the money right now to buy the rest of the series.

I find myself in a similar situation. I can pull the money from savings, but man, do I hate to dip in to savings just to buy some anime. I have two left to buy in Ergo Proxy and three left to buy in Kamichu. I know I should have Kamichu by now but no one around here ever seemed to carry it after the first volume, so I'll have to order those. I also only have 2 volumes of Gungrave but I'm thinking I'll let that one slide.

I have the first three volumes of Rozen Maiden and I think I'll leave it at that since the only other to come out will be the 4th which is the start of the second season. I might as well just stick with season 1 rather than have a partially incomplete season as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
indrik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Gankutsuo is the one that I'd be after. I just ordered Barefoot Gen, which was on the "I'd like to own this but I've already seen it so I'll wait for a sale" list. But yeah, I can't (don't want to? would have to eat ramen for a month if I?) come up with $200 to get the whole series right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9