• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 26-Sep 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Shippuden finally passed One Piece. People must be relieved that the war is finally over.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
With how the episode ended i thought Re:Zero would have been higher up...
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
^The relevant episodes of Mob Psycho, Jojo, and Love Live Sunshine were very well received, so it is by no means a poor showing for Re:zero.

As to Shippuden vs. One Piece, One Piece's look the more durable so I think that shift will be brief
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:

Remember, this is for episode 22, not 23. Episode 22 was (comparatively speaking) one of this season's weakest episodes, while other series were spiking, so temporarily losing the top spot was inevitable. All signs are that Re: Zero will easily be back on top next week, as its most recent episode is polling .3 to .4 higher than the titles which passed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:

Remember, this is for episode 22, not 23. Episode 22 was (comparatively speaking) one of this season's weakest episodes, while other series were spiking, so temporarily losing the top spot was inevitable. All signs are that Re: Zero will easily be back on top next week, as its most recent episode is polling .3 to .4 higher than the titles which passed it.

Oh! Didn't notice which week this was referring to. i was thinking that it was weird that last week got #1 and this one, which was certainly better than the former, dropped that many places all of a sudden.
ickybott555

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
So proud of you Naruto! Ganbatte!
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Really satisfied with the week's ranking honestly, I almost did a small cheer when I saw MP100 in the #1 spot :') (although it won't last long)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Has any episode climbed or dropped more than 20 slots from the previous week before? I'm curious, but not enough to look it up. Very Happy
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
^The number 1 Mob Psycho went up exactly twenty spots. Shippuden went up 16. the farthest any fell was the Despair Arc of Danganronpa 3 with 12.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Has any episode climbed or dropped more than 20 slots from the previous week before? I'm curious, but not enough to look it up. Very Happy

Also curious, and willing to go back through all of the previous charts to see, but I don't have time... I feel like it has gotten close before.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
Going back as far as this season, the biggest rise and fall were this week's Mob Psycho and last week's Orange, both 20. It would take more time to look further, but I suspect that given most previous seasons didn't have much more than 20 series reviewed, I would be surprised to even find one, given that it would have had to fall from the very top the the very bottom or vice versa.

Edit: Count me surprised. I found one. All the way back in Summer 2015, God Eater went from 23 in its 4th episode all the way to 1 in the fifth episode, i.e. 22 places. That is the only one I found since the beginning of the column. I wasn't super thorough so it's possible one could find one or two more.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
Found a couple more actually. Gatchaman Crowds Insight made a 22 spot jump during its 5th week.
And One Piece dropped 24 spots pretty much exactly one year ago.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Go, Planetarian, go! Who says you need more than five episodes to remain a strong contender?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bin1127

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
These charts are getting more and more sophisticated. The inclusion of the second accumulative ranking is really helpful to pick the good shows to watch really easily.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
bin1127 wrote:
These charts are getting more and more sophisticated. The inclusion of the second accumulative ranking is really helpful to pick the good shows to watch really easily.

That's been there since the beginning
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2