• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Wake Up, Girls! Idol Group Is Back With a New Music Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, good for them. Hope they keep going.

Also, Sentai, any chance we could get the two movies that come after the series?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Glad that WUG can continue releasing singles even when not tied to their own anime. I also echo a desire for the two sequel WUG movies to be released by Sentai.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Yamakan can keep being a failure for the rest of his life for all I care. But I wish these girls the best in their future endeavours
FrostyP_Makorin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully someone can find a way to divorce Yamakan from this franchise because as long as he's in charge I won;t have anything to do with it
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
FrostyP_Makorin wrote:
Hopefully someone can find a way to divorce Yamakan from this franchise because as long as he's in charge I won;t have anything to do with it

Just do it! It's like how you separate terrible politicians from the people who live in their district. Wake Up, Girls is seriously good, don't let that stop you.

Also, yeah, please give us those movies Sentai!
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
I don't listen to idols but good luck for this particular group, and bad luck for Yamakan.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:00 am Reply with quote
FrostyP_Makorin wrote:

It's weird… I wasn't familiar with Yamakan (and his infamous quote about Fractale saving anime) before he came to Anime Central in 2014 with the WUGs. I went to his session and he didn't seem like a total prick (although the gregarious producer of WUG did more talking than Yamakan). I asked if the real-life WUGs would be treated better than other idols (getting kicked out or humiliated if they have boyfriends for example), since the treatment of idols is one of the main themes in the anime, and Yamakan said that the girls could have boyfriends if they wanted, so that's something I guess.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely find that aspect of their group very appealing. The anime's more realistic, and seemingly sympathetic, take on the idol's themselves is why I like that show so much. I didn't know anything about Yamakan until I researched where the whole "_______ is going to save anime" thing came from, which was well after I had watched WUG, so I had no preconceptions, but I don't think that would have much of an effect on me anyway. I still love Ghibli movies even though Miyazaki has said a lot of weird things... it's more or less the same thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1