• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Double Mints Boys-Love Manga by Dōkyūsei's Nakamura Gets Live-Action Film in 2017

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
I hear this series is quite explicit so I wonder how they will be handling that.

Seriously though, please stop with all the live-action adaptations, especially of BL works. I'd rather see a nicely animated movie or OVA.
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
Nakamura is one of my favorite artists so I like to see her titles getting projects lately. It will be interesting to see how Double Mints is adapted. It is dark. It's been a bit since I read it though so can't remember exactly how explicit the sexual parts were. The violence was a larger component I think. The domination/submission aspect is a bit different than what is usually presented too. The characters’ relationship is nuanced. So I thought it was a good crime drama.

As it happens Juné chose Nakamura for their spotlight creator entry in their blog on their new website/shop this month.

Quote:
Digital Manga Guild has licensed Dōkyūsei and Sotsugyōsei in English, although the company has not yet released Sotsugyōsei.

Both volumes of Sotsugyōsei were released digitally as Graduates - Winter, Graduates - Spring finally in May this year. Apparently Juné is looking at getting rights to print them too. DMG also did license and release Double Mints digitally in English in 2014.

(I quite like her Classmates series. The DMG release is a bit disappointing in quality though. There was also some sort of licensing/publishing request so extra stories and other pages were removed from the English editions. If anyone is interested in the comic I'd recommend buying it in Japanese if you can maybe too so you have everything.)
lebrel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote
I also agree that I'd rather see an anime; live-action adaptations are almost always a disappointment, no matter how good the source material is...

katscradle wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Double Mints is adapted. It is dark. It's been a bit since I read it though so can't remember exactly how explicit the sexual parts were. The violence was a larger component I think. The domination/submission aspect is a bit different than what is usually presented too.

I wonder how the people who were so all over Classmates for being "not like other BL" will freak out over Double Mints... assuming they see it at all, considering that live action has much less visibility over here...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1