• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Gets New Project & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
Wow, after so many years. This almost feels unreal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quote
Excited!!!! I've already got the second batch of the BDs pre-ordered so I may have to do an end-of-the-year rewatch.

It's too bad Tanaka Kazunari is no longer with us.... Tamaki's lines will have to be re-recorded by someone else.
thieftheodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
new compilation movie? I thought that was already exist with black rebellion and zero requirm
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:10 am Reply with quote
So they didn't even say that it's gonna be a sequel? Or even an anime? Of course it's likely to be one or both of these, but I would laugh so hard if it's gonna be something else. Very Happy
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote
I should be excited for this since Code Geass is in my top 3 all time favorite anime. But I have a feeling this will be a sequel that will ruin an otherwise perfect ending for the story. Sometimes having more doesn't make things better.
+ 光

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
So they didn't even say that it's gonna be a sequel? Or even an anime? Of course it's likely to be one or both of these, but I would laugh so hard if it's gonna be something else. Very Happy

No it's definitely a sequel, with Lelouch as the protagonist. If the article doesn't mention that then it just means it's incomplete.

To be fair it's been 8 years. Fewer for some, depending on when you watched it. So while I am against anything that would make the ending of R2 pointless, I get that it's 'high time' for Lelouch to grace the world with his glorious presence once again.

Last edited by + 光 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
v1nx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:

They did. It is a sequel and an anime (we don't know what format yet - TV or a movie).

It is also said that new compilation movies will feature new and reworked scenes, so they are preparing for Lulus resurrection.
+ 光

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
I personally don't like the idea of them hand-waving the end of R2 away. They better find a way to work around it.

spoiler[Perhaps this new story won't focus on world domination, but the Geass origin story. So that Lelouch vi Britannia, 99th Emperor of Britannia, in fact stays 'dead' to the world.]
Revan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
I'm not getting my hopes up. The new project will probably be a game or a light novel/manga.
methedemon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 am Reply with quote
Holy **** R3 with Lelouch being brought back?! FINALLY YES man I literally dreamed about this
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote
+ 光 wrote:
I personally don't like the idea of them hand-waving the end of R2 away. They better find a way to work around it.

They don't have to hand-wave the end. There is that fan theory they can use for a sequel, that spoiler[the hidden cart driver is LeLouch]
NeverLand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
Lelouch will make Anime Great again!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
I went to the live screening of the event.

- Is that the official translation for the title? They didn't give one at the event. If so... wow.

They showed some anime clips of it. spoiler[It was basically everyone being happy, and then stuff explodes, and then action scenes. Cute part with Milly, Rivalz, and Nina in an airport, and Rivalz carrying their stuff for them, and some with Kallen and the other surviving Black Knights; Cool action parts with Cornelia, Zero/Suzaku, and Suzaku in his Rounds uniform (always a good thing, those uniforms are hot). Also some figures, couldn't tell who they were, riding camels in the desert, it seemed like? Might have been C.C., might have been Cornelia.And something with Jeremiah's cyborg parts. I... didn't notice if Gino, Anya, Guilford, or Schneizel were in it, or what they were doing.
]

The voice actors didn't know about this beforehand! They said goodbye and walked off stage, and a credits video played... and then a Zero cosplayer came on and basically said "GUESS WHAT I'M BACK" (caps because it's Zero) and they played the video. Takahiro Sakurai looked shocked.

Okay, and then there was like a Q and A about the new thing, with Taniguchi and Okouchi. They said something about Akito and how canon it is, and something about... well, Kallen's va told C.C. and Suzaku something like "I won't lose to you," so... romance? I hope not because whichever way they do that...

Edit: I think we can put the Cart Driver thing to rest, though, because if he were, then they missed a perfect opportunity to reveal it - they did the last scene live, and Hitomi sang Continued Story live, and if they were going to go with that, they would have added it on to the end right there.

Besides, it's not called Lelouch the Immortal.

As for whether it will be good or not... well. It depends on whether you trust them. Personally? I know a lot of people really don't like Okouchi's writing, but I've loved everything I've seen from him (yes, I love Valvrave.) And I've loved everything else I've seen Taniguchi direct. I loved their episodes of Space Dandy, too (the one with the little girl was written by Okouchi, the one with the ship racing was directed by Taniguchi). And... every time I go back and watch Code Geass, I notice new things to love. I just love their work. So... I trust that if they're really as involved as it says they are, it will be good. (They did not do Akito, by the way. That was all Kazuki Akane. It was good, but it was different from the original series.)

I'm really curious as to what they said about Akito being canon or separate or something like that, because if it is connected, spoiler[Leila's geass] could be the key to all of this...

Last edited by #861208 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
If only Pizza Hut came back to support the rebellion once again. . . . . . .
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
Aha Lelouch will be back, looking back at that extra ending scene where it was shown with CC and another person (who which a lot of people assumed it was Lelouch) will likely come into play here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7