• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Kai's Buu Saga to Air on Toonami

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
YES thank you funi (not about it airing on toonami the fact that this is getting dubbed) pretty soon my kai collection will finally be complete.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh, well, guess i should take back the comment I made in the other forum.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Finally. Now the begging of a 20 year old arc can now end as if it wasn't shown before.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
So uh... The only listing for Trunks in the cast list is Eric Vale. Is he supposed to be playing Kid Trunks or is it just referring to a flashback of Future Trunks? (I mean, Cell and #16 are in the list too.)

I doubt he's voicing Kid Trunks, because if they decided he could play the young version of the character, they wouldn't have cast Alexis Tipton for Super. But there's no listing of either Tipton or Laura Bailey for the role of Trunks here...
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
YES A MILLION TIMES YES! We finally get the buu saga of kai dubbed and hopefully soon the blu-ray releases. Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Wally West
Jay Garrick
Bart Allen

Haha, Funimation. No Jesse Chambers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Is DBZ kai actually worth it? Im a huge DBZ fan but I never understood the appeal of Kai. I never botherd buying or watching it... Can anyone give me a reason why you should or shouldnt watch it? What makes it so diffrent than the original?
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Is DBZ kai actually worth it? Im a huge DBZ fan but I never understood the appeal of Kai. I never botherd buying or watching it... Can anyone give me a reason why you should or shouldnt watch it? What makes it so diffrent than the original?

It is more faithful to the manga as it takes out all the filler episodes and shortens a few fight scenes to make the pacing a little better.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

Full disclosure, imo its not, the main appeal of it is that it has better pacing then z, no filler(not that it was ever a problem for me) and the animation is slightly better(not by any huge margin tho) aside from that theres like zero reason to watch unless you wanna see what z looked like without the slow pacing but if thats not something you care about dont bother cause at its core its still the same story.

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Quote:
Wally West
Jay Garrick
Bart Allen

Haha, Funimation. No Jesse Chambers?

No Max Mercury or Barry Allen either. I'm highly disappointed.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Full disclosure, imo its not, the main appeal of it is that it has better pacing then z, and no filler(not that it was ever a problem for me) and the animation is slightly better(not by any huge margin tho) aside from that theres like zero reason to watch unless you wanna see what z looked like without the slow pacing but if thats not something you care about dont bother cause at its core its still the same story.
So it went from 5 episodes flying 10 times around the earth to only 1 episode flying 2 times around the earth basicly? ( the buu saga is what im talking about lol)

i actually liked the slow pacing and the fillers. It never botherd me xD.
Hazinger Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah. Absolutely hyped to finally watch the Buu Saga with a non-awful dub, messed-with script, and reduced filler/faster pacing. Hopefully the home video releases come fast.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Hazinger Zeta wrote:
Hell yeah. Absolutely hyped to finally watch the Buu Saga with a non-awful dub, messed-with script, and reduced filler/faster pacing. Hopefully the home video releases come fast.

Honestly, they don't cut that much filler/padding in the Buu arc of Kai, thus its less than sterling reputation. But I guess it'll still be faster than watching the original version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kitsunelaine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

To add to what everyone else has already said, this is a key point that I don't see brought up that often: The voice acting in the dub is way better.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Wait Linda Young is still voice acting?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3