• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naoya Sugita, Saru Hashino to Launch 2 New Manga in Shonen Jump+ App

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Cute darlings.

That is a really direct adaptation, though.

It's interesting that it's in this magazine/app/thing...? though. I guess they're going for a wider audience than just fujoshi. Which is good. This show is so quality and amazing and wonderful and everyone should watch it. It's not just cute boys sitting around being cute - and when it is, it gets into real tearjerker territory, and it's really good.

It's just such a good show. It's probably in my top 5 ever. I did not expect that from something based on a collect-the-moe game. Kancolle anime was bleh, most of those idol anime are bleh (except Love Live was good, but I haven't seen Sunshine). TouRabu Hanamaru is good.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
Cute darlings.

That is a really direct adaptation, though.

It's interesting that it's in this magazine/app/thing...? though. I guess they're going for a wider audience than just fujoshi. Which is good. This show is so quality and amazing and wonderful and everyone should watch it. It's not just cute boys sitting around being cute - and when it is, it gets into real tearjerker territory, and it's really good.

It's just such a good show. It's probably in my top 5 ever. I did not expect that from something based on a collect-the-moe game. Kancolle anime was bleh, most of those idol anime are bleh (except Love Live was good, but I haven't seen Sunshine). TouRabu Hanamaru is good.

My biggest issue with TRH is that there are way to many characters to keep up with who is who. The show is fine but most episodes feel disjointed and separate from previous things. Characters just show up and you're expected to know who they are and see how they fit in. I'm following the Brouadcast Dub and it's only on about episode 6 but so far there have been like 4 "Introduce a new character and watch their struggle to fit in" episodes.

the show's fine, but it's just that, fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

My biggest issue with TRH is that there are way to many characters to keep up with who is who. The show is fine but most episodes feel disjointed and separate from previous things. Characters just show up and you're expected to know who they are and see how they fit in. I'm following the Brouadcast Dub and it's only on about episode 6 but so far there have been like 4 "Introduce a new character and watch their struggle to fit in" episodes.

the show's fine, but it's just that, fine.

I guess it works better if you have some awareness of the characters just from seeing them everywhere/dabbling in the game. Also, if you rewatch it (which I have been, a bunch of times). And you don't need to really strictly remember everyone unless they stand out to you.

Episode 3 on its own, out of context, is still one of the best pieces of anything I've seen in a long time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1