• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Announces Fire Emblem Echoes Game Based on Fire Emblem Gaiden

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Why not develop it for the Switch? You have a new handheld yet you don't promote it.
Yen50414

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Why not develop it for the Switch? You have a new handheld yet you don't promote it.

Because the Switch is being promoted as a home console. Plus the Switch is getting it's own game.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Definitely the highlight of the Direct, especially since it's coming so soon. The new "FE Warriors" footage was so minuscule that I'm honestly baffled why they bothered to not show it last week.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Definitely the highlight of the Direct, especially since it's coming so soon. The new "FE Warriors" footage was so minuscule that I'm honestly baffled why they bothered to not show it last week.

Because if they did they'd had nothing for today....which is essentially part of the same footage.
pokenar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Can't say this was exactly high on my expectations list for the direct.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that hidari is doing more major designs.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Because if they did they'd had nothing for today....which is essentially part of the same footage.

Except an extra 14 seconds isn't something worth "saving" for later. If this was seriously all they had to show for the near future, then they shouldn't have announced it last week at all. Literally the only new info is that it's also going to be on New 3DS. Ooooooh, what a big deal. Rolling Eyes
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Except an extra 14 seconds isn't something worth "saving" for later. If this was seriously all they had to show for the near future, then they shouldn't have announced it last week at all. Literally the only new info is that it's also going to be on New 3DS. Ooooooh, what a big deal. Rolling Eyes

Hey it's Nintendo not everything they do is going to make sense.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Judging from the character designs, Fire Emblem Echoes seems like it will be a fun title...
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:32 pm Reply with quote
So long as I don't have to buy two or three copies of the game, that's fine.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:

Because it was probably in development for a while and finding a release window for it was probably tricky. Also Nintendo isn't abandoning the 3DS quite yet, it'll probably still have okay support throughout 2017. Its not crazy to have new games coming out for previous gen hardware (NES games came out for years after the SNES was out). Not everyone early adopts, and the user base is still quite large (and will larger then the Switch's for a while yet). Gotta get those unit sales while you still can.

Anyway... this game looks like a standard RPG, except its battle encounters are treated like mini-Fire Emblem tactical maps. Having smaller strategy engagements is certainly an interesting idea to bring back.
eely225

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
But will you be able to travel to alternate dimensions and have fanfiction babies? That's the question that the Real Fans need answers to
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Please No More Child Characters! That only worked for awakening. The shipping mechanic also needs to die.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:53 am Reply with quote
And here I thought weebs loved shipping waifus. But apparently now that Fire Emblem's doing it they're too cool for that. I find it odd, considering a quick google search will reveal that they've had those elements in their games since like the mid-90's. I guess it's just another one of those "fanbases are insufferable" cases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1