• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, February 6-12 [2017-02-15]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:41 am Reply with quote
Lol, wow at those OP numbers. I need to get to Kinokuniya and pick up the volume still myself~.
Deynard21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
OP sold 2mln in 10 days while previous volume sold 2,1mln in 10 days. It's not good.
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:43 am Reply with quote
Deynard21 wrote:
OP sold 2mln in 10 days while previous volume sold 2,1mln in 10 days. It's not good.

Yeah, not good at all, RIP One Piece sales Rolling Eyes
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
2 million copies is still an insane amount, but didn't it use to sell about 3 million in about the same amount of time just one or two years ago iirc? Not that Oda's gold-lined pockets will resent it, but it's still a very significant dip
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:57 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
2 million copies is still an insane amount, but didn't it use to sell about 3 million in about the same amount of time just one or two years ago iirc? Not that Oda's gold-lined pockets will resent it, but it's still a very significant dip

It happens to all of the manga ever without many exceptions (like special editions, last volume of a long-running manga, like Kochikame's Volume 200, etc...). The drop it's actually much bigger after 40-50 volumes or so when it comes to long-running titles (percentage-wise, only the one which doesn't sell above 200.000 from the beginning, ignoring adaptational boosts if appliable, have less than 40% (and above) less sales).
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
Yes I'm sure Oda is worried about sales numbers when One Piece volumes are selling more than the other top 10 series volumes combined.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1