• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Film in Eureka Seven Trilogy Reveals September Debut, Cast Additions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The original Jonouchi replaces Keiji in another series again. I was worried about him since it's been so long, but this confirms it again. I just hope Keiji's condition is getting better.

Renton should be honored that Amuro is his father.
spark67

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 am Reply with quote
ok, i have to say this, I didn´t remember the original one for the plot or the mech, but for the constant physical and psycological abuse of Holland agains Renton, so i you wanna see series about a adult venting his frustrations in a 12 years old kid, this is your series.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 am Reply with quote
So... Which is the "official" story? We've had a TV series a film remake and now another film.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:06 am Reply with quote
^ I can definitely tell you it's not the first film.

Morikawa replaces Fujiwara again like he did in Shin Chan. I don't really think they sound similar but I hope Fujiwara recovers. It's almost been a year.

I'm fairly sure Renton's father Adroc never spoke in the original series so this is his first VA. Good choice.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 am Reply with quote
Tohru Furuya!? Shocked Seiya and Amuro?
Tajima

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
spark67 wrote:
ok, i have to say this, I didn´t remember the original one for the plot or the mech, but for the constant physical and psycological abuse of Holland agains Renton, so i you wanna see series about a adult venting his frustrations in a 12 years old kid, this is your series.

Seriously. If I remember anything about this series, it's the constant brutal beatings that Holland gave Renton while everyone just [expletive] stood by and watched.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping Fujiwara makes a recovery. He's one of my favorites.

That aside, I'm surprised Renton's dad is finally gonna talk. spoiler[Seriously, he and his son reunite near the end of the show, and he doesn't even talk?]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Morikawa is a solid replacement, and I can see him doing a good job as Holland, even if it's tough to imagine anyone other then Fujiwara in the role. I hope he's doing okay Sad .

I recall reading that Bones didn't attach a VA to Renton's Dad because they weren't sure they could find the right voice for him. Can't go wrong with Furuya though Cool .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1