• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seven Mortal Sins (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Seven Mortal Sins (TV)

Genres: supernatural
Themes:

Plot Summary: The prideful archangel Lucifer disobeys God and is cast into the lowest level of hell as a fallen angel. On her way to hell, Lucifer happens to meet a high school girl on Earth named Maria, who helps her. In hell, Lucifer meets Leviathan, and Leviathan explains to Lucifer about The Seven Deadly Sins, the seven demon king rulers of hell. After The Seven Deadly Sins seal Lucifer's powers, Lucifer goes on a journey with Maria and Leviathan to defeat them.
----------------------------------

First episode is out.

Crunchyroll has the censored version although I watched it on TV with the uncensored. Pretty much a guilty pleasure show with the main characters (based on the 7 deadly sins). I'm surprised they are giving Pride so much screen time so far though out of the rest of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Text book guilty pleasure series ala Queen's Blade and other variants that would follow such a concept.

Considering how thin the material is for excuse plot fighting, it might have been better served as ~15 minute episode format in place of what will likely be standard affair for this show.

The moment that gave me an actual smirk was when Belial initially calls for the rest of the Demon lords to gang up on Lucifer, and she gets no response.

What is a let down for this viewer is that it sounds like the cast is doing there hardest but the script is far too excuse plot even by this sub genres standards.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
The story, while not horrible, is not enough for me to endure the censored version.
When the full version is available, I will certainly revisit.
NihonScope

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:23 am Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
The story, while not horrible, is not enough for me to endure the censored version.
When the full version is available, I will certainly revisit.

I can actually agree to that as well, first watched it on NF, but after a bit it doesn't compare with other things I could be doing instead...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 am Reply with quote
How is this show going? I can usually put up with a lot, but I dropped this after the first episode. Didn't want to watch censored as feeling like no point, and did not feel worth otherwise to look it up on illegal streaming sites. Has it improved with an interesting story or something? It's CrunchyRoll score is pretty low.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1