• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of June 17-23 [2017-06-28]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Looks like people aren't liking the direction Kado went. Which is a bit disappointing. I put it on hold apparently right before it got to the point that people seemed to lose interest, but I really loved it up to that point... Sad
Hoping that my experience won't be as negative.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Looks like people aren't liking the direction Kado went. Which is a bit disappointing. I put it on hold apparently right before it got to the point that people seemed to lose interest, but I really loved it up to that point... Sad
Hoping that my experience won't be as negative.

I didn't feel so negatively towards the direction of the show, but I can see why people may been disappointed. It wasn't as smart as I and others thought it would be, but I'll hold my judgement until the last episode airs. It was looking like I would upgrade it from very good to great, but now I think I'll keep it at my initial impression.

Well at least if you go in knowing it could take a turn for the worse, it might soften the blow a bit.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I've fallen behind on Re:Creators and that drop for episode 11 worries me. Episodes 9 and 10 had some really dodgy stuff going on - though 10 at least had plenty of good to compensate - so I hope it didn't go full bad.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I've fallen behind on Re:Creators and that drop for episode 11 worries me. Episodes 9 and 10 had some really dodgy stuff going on - though 10 at least had plenty of good to compensate - so I hope it didn't go full bad.

Sota finally starts explaining things. So, a lot of talking and a flashback
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
^hasn't the show already been tons and tons of talking and exposition though? That's been my biggest problem with it, although I still find it pretty interesting, for the most part.

zrnzle500 wrote:

Well at least if you go in knowing it could take a turn for the worse, it might soften the blow a bit.

Yeah, that's my silver lining for sure.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
^hasn't the show already been tons and tons of talking and exposition though? That's been my biggest problem with it, although I still find it pretty interesting, for the most part.

Actually in terms of raw ratings, the episode only went down 0.2 stars from the previous (4.5 to 4.3) so it seems to be just some shows having better episodes than it did rather than a drastic drop in quality. A few of the shows (Eromanga, Alice & Zoroku, One Piece) did worse in raw ratings but were close enough that preferences could overturn the raw rating (4.2, 4.1 and 3.9 respectively).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1