• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
European Raings Board Lists Final Fantasy IX With PS4 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:06 am Reply with quote
nice to see 9 get some love, easily the most underrated Final Fantasy game of the PS1 era
Mc-Taz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote
My favorite of the Final Fantasy games. Don't tell me I'll want to buy it again... Well seeing as it's probably just another port to the newer system I won't need to pick it up, but it's great to see it get a new release.
Shiratori-san

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 am Reply with quote
It is also my favorite one! 8 was also great, but 9 is simply the best.

I would think about getting it if I had a PS4 and they only improve the graphics. If they change the designs, battle system, story, music, then it's a big disappointment.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:

I would think about getting it if I had a PS4 and they only improve the graphics. If they change the designs, battle system, story, music, then it's a big disappointment.

Oh, I don't know. If they make some minor changes to the battle engine, like, say.... letting you choose when to activate the trance mode instead of it just activating itself when the bar reaches the top, like you can with every super mode in every single other FF game I know of that uses it, I certainly wouldn't mind that.
partially

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:51 am Reply with quote
Yet another digital re-release and yet again I am sure Sony burns us. I own this already on PSN, but I am sure I will have to pay again to partake in the "PS4" version, as distinct from the "PS3" version. I am over buying digital content on PSN, Sony treat their customers like **** repeatedly lately. At least MS seem to be getting their act together in terms of digital content. I wish Sony would deign to follow suit. Strange given Sony were the leader in terms of compatibility PS1-3, then they decided to **** all over their customers with the PS4.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Yet another digital re-release and yet again I am sure Sony burns us. I own this already on PSN, but I am sure I will have to pay again to partake in the "PS4" version, as distinct from the "PS3" version. I am over buying digital content on PSN, Sony treat their customers like **** repeatedly lately.

Yeah it's not Sony's fault you think you have to rebuy something you likely already have or have played previously.

Shiratori-san wrote:

Changing only the graphics but keeping everything itself would in of itself would be a disappointment as not everyone is big on 1 to 1 remakes and even more shaky on HD ports.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:

Sounds like they're already changing the battle systems along with the designs on the upcoming remastered FF7 for PS4, although you can play the PS4-emulation of the original.
Hopefully FF9's still intuitive enough that it doesn't need as much tweaking for "new audiences"'s FFXII+ sake.

PS3 had all the great FF games from 4-X upgraded to console emulation, and darnit, I was just starting to get into FF9 when I had to get my new machine! Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1