• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Himouto! Umaru-chan R for Anime Strike Simulcast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Seven Seas for licensing manga since I won't be able see the second season
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I might have streamed the first season on HiDive then watched this if it was on there too, like I did with New Game on Crunchyroll, but ... no.

So, this one is off the list entirely.

Mark Gosdin
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the first season on crunchyroll?
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Shot in the foot once again. Oh well, the first season was a fun watch and I bought the BD for it, but the 2nd season will be a total pass.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Isn't the first season on crunchyroll?

Yes, but that was before the partnership of CR and Funi. This just them taking Umaru to their new business partner Amazon
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Very much expected. Let's see what remains on my prediction list.

Houzuki S2, Classicaloid S2(HDLIVE), both for sure,Code:Realize maybe, Konohana Kitan, Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara, Two Car as well. Maybe they'll get Just Because, but Amazon might want that one for themselves and AS probably also took Kekkai Sensen away like they did with Bahamut and might as well add the new Garo in as well.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, it looks like I'm waiting for the disc then.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
It is ridiculous to me, but in a way I kind of admire the will too skip streaming a show because of how much you refuse to subscribe to a streaming service.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
It is ridiculous to me, but in a way I kind of admire the will too skip streaming a show because of how much you refuse to subscribe to a streaming service.

Personally, I don't find it all that difficult. I've been watching anime since well before legal streaming was a thing, and my preference has always been dubs, so that meant waiting even longer until simuldubs came along. So, I've had plenty of practice being patient. Add in that I have other stuff to watch that isn't on Anime Strike, and it's even easier.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Unfortunately consumers have extremely little power when it comes to today's mega corporation's (not talking about Sentai but their partnership with Amazon) so just gotta do what very little you can. This season has a ton of promising shows though so passing on this one won't be a big deal.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

It really isn't that hard. I myself had Anime Strike but dropped it because in the long run for me it really wasn't worth it since I was only watching one show (That being Re:Creators) and they never picked up anything I wanted to watch anyway.
TemplateR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will stream in the United States on Anime Strike and in other territories on select digital platforms.

That means that in Germany an another streaming-service will have the stream-license?
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Very much expected. Let's see what remains on my prediction list.

Houzuki S2, Classicaloid S2(HDLIVE), both for sure,Code:Realize maybe, Konohana Kitan, Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara, Two Car as well. Maybe they'll get Just Because, but Amazon might want that one for themselves and AS probably also took Kekkai Sensen away like they did with Bahamut and might as well add the new Garo in as well.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/09/27-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-a-sisters-all-you-need-kings-game-konohana-kitan-code-realize-guardian-of-rebirth-and-anime-gataris
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
As bizarre as it may be to suggest, the best viable scenario now is if the second season proves to be comparatively lacklustre. That would at least minimise the counterfactual enjoyment lost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2