• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: March comes in like a lion Anime's English Dub Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I was expecting a very drab performance, not a Todd Haberkorn sounding guy.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Outside of Rei sounding slightly higher-pitched than expect (though not a great detraction), it's practically the exact way I'd thought the show would sound in a dub. Very good, hope it pans out as such.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! Cam Clarke is still voice acting?! I had no idea! I thought he retired long ago! I remember him as Kratos from Tales of Symphonia, but I thought he hadn't done much since then.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Whoa! Cam Clarke is still voice acting?! I had no idea! I thought he retired long ago! I remember him as Kratos from Tales of Symphonia, but I thought he hadn't done much since then.

He does alot of US cartoons and the odd video game like Fire Emblem, Tales of Berseria, Bravely Default etc. Been doing a few anime's with Viz aswell.
Jay Leon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote
I'm never usually one to complain about a dub so this comment probably doesn't mean much but the casting choice for this anime is perfect from what I could tell from the trailer. Seen the sub but I might actually be up for looking at the dub. Plus it would refresh my memory a bit for when season 2 airs.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Aniplex of America knows how to give a top notch dub.
Question here which company produces English dub best, Aniplex here or Funimation?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
TdFern 87 wrote:
Question here which company produces English dub best, Aniplex here or Funimation?

From my perspective, it's Aniplex. The casting of most of their English versions is usually great.

While Funimation also has made plenty of good English versions, their recent..."issues" have caused their quality to drop significantly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1