• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse to Release Final Fantasy Ultimania Books

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness! It's about time! I cannot wait to get my hands on these ultimania books.

Here's hoping that the Kingdom Hearts ultimania books get an English release as well. Very Happy
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
Not too interested in the first volume, but I NEED volume 2. I already own the Japanese release (and it is gorgeous), but it'd be really nice to actually be able to read what is written in there. The sooner they can get volume 2 into my hands, the better.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Warrior of Light!

Light is with us!
B.K.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
SailorPluto1313 wrote:
Thank goodness! It's about time! I cannot wait to get my hands on these ultimania books.

Here's hoping that the Kingdom Hearts ultimania books get an English release as well. Very Happy

You need to keep your expectations in check. These aren't the typical Ultimania books. They're art books. There's very little text in them. They aren't the big guide books, like regular Ultimanias. The 25th Memorial Ultimanias were art books that Square Enix released for Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary. Vol. 1 covers I-VI, Vol. 2 has VII-IX, and Vol. 3 has X-XIV. There are some designer notes and interviews in it, but it's mostly art.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1