• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Clover (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote

Black Clover (TV)

Genres: action, fantasy
Themes:

Plot Summary: Asta is a young boy who dreams of becoming the greatest mage in the kingdom. He only has one problem, he can't use magic. Luckily for Asta, he receives the incredibly rare five-leaf clover grimoire that gives him the power of anti-magic. Even though he can't use magic, he plans to become the Wizard King.
----------------------------------

I saw the OVA episode and thought it was entertaining. The main series will adapt the manga of the same name and there's a decent amount of chapters. I think they have a decent cast so far and the PV looks promising.

Can easily be a 2-cour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
Eh, I saw the first episode today and it was pretty much just the OVA again except with theme song (but not the opening theme).

Pretty sure pacing will pick up next time but I really wish they used less footage from the OVA episode. By standalone, the first episode did establish the basic principles of the series so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Man that Asta guy is annoying. And everyone being asses over his lack of ability feels even worse. It kind of makes just the idea of focus of power levels as bad if that is how people act, making it somewhat kind of less interesting to feel interested with his inevitable reveal of powerful demon powers. If two babies were left at a church at the same time, being of roughly the same age, I think it is fair to call them brothers, even if you can't be sure of biologically related.
Nearon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 1

Man that Asta guy is annoying. And everyone being asses over his lack of ability feels even worse. It kind of makes just the idea of focus of power levels as bad if that is how people act, making it somewhat kind of less interesting to feel interested with his inevitable reveal of powerful demon powers. If two babies were left at a church at the same time, being of roughly the same age, I think it is fair to call them brothers, even if you can't be sure of biologically related.

I completely agree with you! I've seen the first 3 episodes and the whole thing is kinda reminiscent of Naruto, except, here, the main character's ambition, is to become a great wizard ! Additionally, when you said he's annoying, that's kinda of an under-statement! He's like super loud, I understand where his behavior and mannerism is coming from, but I feel like whoever made this, is desperately trying to tell us that he's an underdog, and that despite of everybody underestimating him, he's going to make it and reach his goal. Anyway, I wanna keep on watching this just to see how the rest of the story is going to unveil, even though, I think I have a pretty good idea how it's gonna go!

Artistically though, I think it's excellent, the characters are amazingly designed, and the graphics and special effects are pretty eye-catching, just wish the storyline was more developped
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 am Reply with quote
After seeing the first 5 episodes, I feel like pacing got slightly better despite being still very slow.

Asta is still very annoying to watch although he does have some potential. Yuno stands out as a prodigy among the candidates and it shouldn't be a surprise that all the other squads want him.

The storytelling itself feels rather generic for what it has to offer at the moment especially the jokes; I find them really distracting rather than entertaining. Going to have to get used to that from now on I guess.

I heard the dubs came out recently but haven't watched that yet.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
I was "meh" on episodes 1 thru 3, but 4 and 5 have won me over. I even find Asta less annoying now for some reason. It's a mark of my maturity that I giggled at Asta relating his bowel movement to Black Bull head honcho. Come admit it - feces are ALWAYS comedy gold!
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:25 am Reply with quote
Over the weekend,I saw what I think are the last episodes of the "Black Clover" anime series. And,I felt a little unsatisfied in watching it. I thought we were going to see everything get wrapped up but not really. A lot of things are just left there dangling for another series which may or may not come. One of the things I did see which I thought was good was finally knowing who Asta's mother was.
Seems she was a kind,caring woman who had to give up her own son because she felt that he wouldn't last long if she kept him. You see,she had the ability to drain any living thing of it's lifeforce and mana and she really couldn't control it so she lived alone. In a lot of ways,that's pretty sad. She wanted to keep him but circumstances dictated otherwise. I hope we get a continuation of this soon. I also hope we find out which of Asta's secret female fan club will try to make him their boyfriend.

Now,I exclude two girls from this sort of thing. Marie,because she's a little too young for Asta and Sally,because she'd dissect him on their first date. Will it be Noelle,her cousin Mimosa,Rebecca,or someone completely different? Who knows,but what do you think. Which girl is going to try to get Asta? It could be any of them but let's see how things shake out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:22 am Reply with quote
Did they return for another mixer episode after the second one, that was the episode that made me quit?
#Linda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 am Reply with quote
Cant wait for the next season. Hope yami is fine :'(
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1