• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Creator Hiro Mashima: 'I'll Work Hard to Launch a New Manga Next Year'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 am Reply with quote
Excited to see what's coming!
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
Remember to increase a certain positive FT had. Wink
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:29 am Reply with quote
I hope it won't a mistake like FT was. I wanna see something as good as Rave Master!
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
He should REALLY take his time and plot out a bulk of the series’ trajectory. Just a lil suggestion based on his track record.

But he’s still a pretty creative guy so I’m optimistic.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
I hope it won't a mistake like FT was.

From a financial perspective, the industry would rather have another ~300 episode shonen manga adaptation than another ~50 episode shonen manga adaptation, so "mistakes" aside, I'm willing to bet that Mashima, his publishers, and whoever gets to adapt his work into anime are all hoping this new series will be more like Fairy Tail than Rave Master.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

From a financial perspective, the industry would rather have another ~300 episode shonen manga adaptation than another ~50 episode shonen manga adaptation, so "mistakes" aside, I'm willing to bet that Mashima, his publishers, and whoever gets to adapt his work into anime are all hoping this new series will be more like Fairy Tail than Rave Master.
A lot of us rather not have media that's an easy target for criticism.

I wish you best of luck Mashima.
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:15 pm Reply with quote
The 51 episodes on Rave Master was a Travesty.. It started midway and the begginging was explored in flashbacks. It cut halfway (i have no idea why).

What pains me the most is that Rave could get a remake anime with the OG voice actors.. they were in the Fairy Tail X Rave Ova..

Come on.. this masterpiece deserves a full animation!

On another note i enjoyed both Hiro's Work (and his smaller one). I hope the best and i hope the adaption of the final arcs of F.T wont be badly animated

P.S Happy new year to all of you!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
All I ask is that his next manga is the kind of story HE wants to tell. No being dictated by the fans.

A little less Fairy Tail and a little more Rave Master is all I'm saying.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but work extra hard on the story this time Mashima Wink

I really wish that he gets serious with the new series, i actually don't think that he will not get away with another FT where he doesn't give a shit about writing a decent and consistent story and only cares about boobs and friendship power at the 100000%

SpaceTheGamer wrote:

This has nothing to do with financial perspectives, no one is saying to Mashima not publish another battle shounen with 500+ chapters, he can totally do, but please, write something that at least doesn't insult your inteligence during every chapter.

Last edited by Shinuki on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I just hope this one has a good plot and less recycled materials from his previous series. I still do think he should take his art to the other industry. i would definitely support it
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quote
How about @least a one-shot FT follow-up to ch. 545 where Natsu and Lucy confess, kiss, and get married?
Feli1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:31 am Reply with quote
after the hotmess the FT series turn out to be I'm ok without some weekly dose of Mashima manga at least for awhile even with all that I'm most definitely gonna check this out since for some reason I still have hope in the guy I've heard great things from RM and even dou FT is most definitely his lowest point it still haves some great moments and characters so yeah abit skeptical from this but still kinda hype just do me 2 favors mate let this series be mostly good this time around and let me heal from FT for awhile
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:18 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to more Mashima. Though he did lay it thick with the "power of friendship", I enjoyed the fanservice. He kept it fun and entertaining than going To-Love-Ru (event though some of us was hoping it would go in that direction). Razz

But I hope his next manga is just as successful, as he is very open with his community and to the to those who work on the anime (staff, seiyuu, etc). So best of luck to him!
matt78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
How about @least a one-shot FT follow-up to ch. 545 where Natsu and Lucy confess, kiss, and get married?

I want a one volume story about Lucy's search for Aquarius.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

The industry is actually increasingly moving away from overbloated shounen series. At least for manga.
We're in a new media age now, and every series has to compete not just with other manga, but with every other medium. An overlong series becomes a tall barrier for new readers, and you have to be critically popular, like One Piece, to justify a policy of forcing a manga to extend into infinity just for the sake of extending.
Shounen Jump has especially showed that it has realized it is in the new age, axing tons of long-running series.

The seasonal format is now also king on the anime side of things, making year-round weekly adaptations an archaic relic of the past, as can especially be seen with the Black Clover adaptation which showed that Pierrot has learned nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2