• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toji no Miko Anime Listed With 24 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 am Reply with quote
Really suprisingly many anime this winter season that are 2 cour normaly we see most 2cour shows either at spring or fall season. Kinda makes me wonder why the sudden change o,o
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote
Huh. Not a show I was expecting to get two cours, but I'll take it.

BlackPoint. wrote:
Really suprisingly many anime this winter season that are 2 cour normaly we see most 2cour shows either at spring or fall season. Kinda makes me wonder why the sudden change o,o

Aside from this, Clear Card, Franxx, and Yowapeda, have there been other 2 cours shows announced?

Franxx was originally planned for Spring for what its worth.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Fantastic! This means they can probably spend a good coeur resolving episode 2's plot twist.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Huh. Not a show I was expecting to get two cours, but I'll take it.

BlackPoint. wrote:

Aside from this, Clear Card, Franxx, and Yowapeda, have there been other 2 cours shows announced?

Franxx was originally planned for Spring for what its worth.

Hakyuu Houshin Engi, Grancrest Senki, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu, Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou
this ones are 2cour aswell and still a few shows left for which we dont know the episode count
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:49 am Reply with quote
Ah, I should have looked at the full list instead of my own. Definitely a fair amount then.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
I have to say, it's been awhile since we had a non-harem, mostly-female-led cast TV series that lasts 2 cours. Those tend to be common back in the 2000s.
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:20 am Reply with quote
This is one of my biggest surprises this season so far, so this is great news!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I have to say, it's been awhile since we had a non-harem, mostly-female-led cast TV series that lasts 2 cours. Those tend to be common back in the 2000s.

I am a sucker of shows like that, especially when there is absolutely no male MC or love interest around and when there is yuri subtext. The last show we had such was K-On! S2 and I hope we have more shows in the near future.For now, Toji no Miko is doing nice.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa, I would say that "Love Live! Sunshine" (both seasons) had a lot of yuri subtext or close to it.
Sota-Son

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm going to be dropping this one, spoiler[seeing NTR in the first episode between the MC and her friend just tells you what kind of series this is going to be.]
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Sota-Son wrote:
Well I'm going to be dropping this one, spoiler[seeing NTR in the first episode between the MC and her friend just tells you what kind of series this is going to be.]

I don't want to "kink shame" or anything, but gross. This show has nothing to do with your fetish term.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
John Hayabusa, I would say that "Love Live! Sunshine" (both seasons) had a lot of yuri subtext or close to it.

We are talking about female-dominated, no boring (harem) male MC/lover shows that are two cour. As in anime that air for two straight seasons or six months. LLS is 26 episodes total but it is split into two seasons with 15 months between their premiers. Also, LWA can be considered as one but I cannot see that because >Andrew/Frank and >Yoshinari's *cough* het romance plans *cough*.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Okay...I wasn't expecting this to be 2 cour. Well done.
Echii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised because these kinds of shows don;t get more than 12 episode usually

But I'm happy because I'm enjoying it
Sota-Son

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Sota-Son wrote:

I don't want to "kink shame" or anything, but gross. This show has nothing to do with your fetish term.

Wow that's rude but whatever. Anyway Perhaps NTR as a definition doesn't apply here but mainly as an analogy. spoiler[Kanami running off with Hiyori during that one scene in episode 1 and ultimately willing to go wherever she goes with her to which not giving a DAMN (mostly) about Mai is what I mean by NTR.

Heck the moment Hiyori enters the picture Mai is pretty much CHOPPED LIVER. Also I learn that it's like this throughout the whole story as Kanami get's closer to Hiyori and Mai becomes close friends with someone else. It's basically Hiyori coming into Kanami's life and "stealing" (intentionally or not) the "close friends zone" away from Mai.]

Again it's not NTR in since of definition plus obviously romance is not involved (unless your putting on yuri goggles and playing the shipping wars) yet I'm using it as an analogy to describe the situation as a whole.

I've grown tired of these type of plotlines and shows similar to them. I've decided to drop a show or story the moment one of these comes to the surface. So like I said before I'll be dropping this show, good riddance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2