• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Can Junji Ito Collection Do its Spooky Source Material Justice?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Major props to you Nick for including the Disney's Halloween Treat skeletons!!! That is still my favorite holiday special to this day (and now I show my age... Anime hyper).

I'm not watching Junji Ito Collection, but I think I might after this...it looks more ridiculous than scary...and I think I might just enjoy that.
valoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quote
I think it's okay so far. While the anime can't really adapt it's style, the long dream segment defenitely had Junji's vibes.
I wasn't really spooked so far and I doubt I will (sadly).
But still I love Ito's works and some stories are just awesome, so i will always keep watching.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big Ito fan, but I haven't watched past the first episode yet. The presentation just felt sort of...off, and there's plenty of other things to occupy my attention this season. That said, if I hear that it gets better I'll probably return to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1