• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 19-25 [2018-03-01]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nAnoMarV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Why there is no hakumei to MIkuchi?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:49 pm Reply with quote
nAnoMarV wrote:
Why there is no hakumei to MIkuchi?

Not enough people voted for it to get weekly coverage, and these rankings only include shows reviewed weekly on this site.

———————————-

Even though it was one of it’s better episodes, I was kind of surprised to see Black Clover jump that much. The arc that started in the most recent episode seems promising, so maybe previous episode won’t be an outlier.

I’m not watching right now, but seeing Violet Evergarden on top does make me look forward to it more. I may have preferred it to be simulcasting in my area, but waiting and seeing how it turns out, even just in the rankings, does have its perks too. It does allow me to meter my expectations better, even episode to episode.

Nice to see A Place Further and especially After the Rain doing well, which are imo the best new shows of the season. Seeing AMB go up is nice too.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Yurucamp gets the worst ranked episode and jumps two spots in the cumulative rankings. These things are quite amusing.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Yurucamp gets the worst ranked episode and jumps two spots in the weekly rankings. These things are quite amusing.

Probably because of the previous episode’s highest rank is still filtering into its cumulative ranking.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Nice to see A Place Further and especially After the Rain doing well, which are imo the best new shows of the season

I also think those two are the best new shows.

Megiddo wrote:
Yurucamp gets the worst ranked episode and jumps two spots in the weekly rankings. These things are quite amusing.

Yes, that is weird.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
It always kills me how shows with no episode move up in the ranks. March Lion hasn't had an episode for nearly a month but still slid into the No. 1 spot in the cumulative (despite falling off in the weekly). The only way to win is not to play? Smile
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Why Clear Card Keep being droped?
Terrible90sDub

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I kind of like how the true best anime of this winter, Devilman Crybaby and DamePri, aren't being reviewed/rated. That means, I can pretend like they're only not here because they're too good for the ratings board! Needed to prevent the competition from being jealous of their high rankings, after all!*

Also sort-of Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, but I wouldn't put that one above After the Rain...

Poor Junji Ito Collection though. I mean, I dropped it, but I think it's still significantly better than some of the titles above it.

*In case it wasn't apparent, I know this isn't the case and there are separate reasons for those titles not being here. It just amuses me that there's only one anime being reviewed that I care that much about.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, two of my favorite winter shows, which are After the Rain and A Place, were going strong last week and deserve their current spots. Though it's too bad Laid back Camp is still on the lower rank. Well I think it's one of those humble shows which never really go strong but pretty consistent each week within its own standard.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:21 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
Why Clear Card Keep being droped?

Probably because people are losing patience with how slow and repetitive the episodes are. It will keep dropping in the rankings if the upcoming episodes don't get better.

Dian Z wrote:
Though it's too bad Laid back Camp is still on the lower rank. Well I think it's one of those humble shows which never really go strong but pretty consistent each week within its own standard.

It is in the top 10 of the cumulative; that is darn good. Don't be deceived by the highly volatile week to week ranking. And even focusing on the week to week ranking Laid-Back Camp has 6 of 8 episodes ranked in the top 10. It happens to be at 14 this week, but it has ranked solidly all season.

I hope CR-Funi are paying attention because I will want a BD/DVD copy of it.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Yurucamp gets the worst ranked episode and jumps two spots in the cumulative rankings. These things are quite amusing.

Yeah, it looks a bit weird but in a case like this you have to look at which show(s) it bumped. Yurucamp got a #14 in the weekly while Cardcaptor Sakura got a #22, and that was enough to bump Yurucamp above Cardcaptor Sakura in the cumulative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Its super funny that they have an article shitting on BC and yet we see it skyrocket in the rankings.

I'm super happy seeing it scoring well. It's been a fun ride since the start, but it really upgraded it's game since the later half of the dungeon arc. Asta showing how awesome he is.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm super behind on this series of articles, but why is Pop Team Epic "under review" and what does that mean?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I'm super behind on this series of articles, but why is Pop Team Epic "under review" and what does that mean?

It's pending review and it means that the review for the relevant episode has not come out yet.
Emdykay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

The ratings for these charts are gathered on the episode reviews (Note the rating prompt at the top) and as Gabriella has apparently been lazy ( Razz ) and not put out a review for last weeks episode yet, there are no ratings for this episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2