• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Steins;Gate 0 Anime Listed With 23 Broadcast Episodes, 1 Unaired Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh yea, two cour nice! Six months of Steins;Gate goodness! Anime catgrin
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
THANK GOD. there was just no way they'd screw up an adaptation of one of the biggest anime franchises in the past decade by trying to adapt a visual novel in 13 episodes
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Now we just need confirmation on a CR simulcast and Funi simuldub.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
NIIIIIIIICE
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
El Psy Congroo. Very Happy
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Nice! Now we just need confirmation on a CR simulcast and Funi simuldub.

Speaking of, Colleen Clinkenbeard's gonna have her work cut out for her. She ADR Directed
both My Hero Academia and Steins;Gate. If FUNi wants to maintain consistency, she'll have to direct both MHA S3 and S;G 0 (both of which are 2-cour shows) at the same time next season. FUNi directors have started pulling double duty recently, but these shows are huge deals for FUNi and they both need extra special care.

Enjoy your vacation while you can, Colleen. Shocked
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Without a doubt, this is probably the most eagerly awaited anime of the year. Hopefully it will be as good the original.

Is that too much to ask the Anime Gods? A sequel series that lives up to its predecessor?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
DeTroyes wrote:
Without a doubt, this is probably the most eagerly awaited anime of the year.

Well, now hold the phone. I’m a fan of both series, but Full Metal Panic IV would like to sit you down and have a word with you, especially about the “without a doubt” part. Lots of anticipation behind that one as well as a longer wait between seasons. (FMP’s 13 years as opposed to S;G’s 7 years) Also, it’d probably be better just leaving the anime gods alone so that they don’t get any funny ideas.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 am Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
DeTroyes wrote:
Without a doubt, this is probably the most eagerly awaited anime of the year.

Well, now hold the phone. I’m a fan of both series, but Full Metal Panic IV would like to sit you down and have a word with you, especially about the “without a doubt” part. Lots of anticipation behind that one as well as a longer wait between seasons. (FMP’s 13 years as opposed to S;G’s 7 years) Also, it’d probably be better just leaving the anime gods alone so that they don’t get any funny ideas.

I'm pretty sure he is mostly on the right by popularity alone, although I would argue Shingeki no Kyojin 3 is much more of a highly antecipated entry than S;G 0 in those terms. FullMetal Panic used to be popular, but doesn't have a third of the fans following it compared to when the anime adaptations were coming up (contrary to S;G, that stands incredibly popular since the original and 0 were recently officially translated with major console ports).

Well, in general terms, though, especially regarding time, you guys got nothing on Boogiepop Phantom's sudden new anime adaptation announcement. That one is by far my most anticipated even because nobody even expected it to happen
StarchildStorm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am Reply with quote
Huge relief, 0 just plain could not be done in 13 episodes.

Also I'm really glad to hear about the extra episode, because I was hoping for one. In particular (arguably spoilery for 0), spoiler[I was hoping for something in the vain of the OVA for the first show set after Load Region of Deja Vu with the group meeting Maho.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1