• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Spring 2018, Apr 22-28

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
My Favorites (CHU and CCS:CC) are the numbers that end with 6 (16 and 26) darn
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:46 pm Reply with quote
A MHA domination. The world is right.

I fail to see why Megalobox is so high though. Episode 4 felt like it was its weakest episode so far.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

I fail to see why Megalobox is so high though. Episode 4 felt like it was its weakest episode so far.

You have strange standards of weakest.

That episode was lit & so is this weeks.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:01 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

he's not the only one. the fact that megalobox eps have not even been reached lower than 10 is beyond me.

though tokyo ghoul re being in the lower 20's is 1005 accurate considering on how downhill the eps have been. it is starting to feel too similar to root a on how they completely left some parts of the manga, thereby having diehard fans immediately calling re a filler season just like with root a!

the real worry is on black clover. if the viewership is this bad, i'm concerned that the series might suffer the same fate as hunter x hunter and have no more eps after 51! which is unfortunate considering on how popular the manga is. sure its not my hero academia popular, but enough for shonen jump to keep the series in their weekly magazine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
the real worry is on black clover. if the viewership is this bad, i'm concerned that the series might suffer the same fate as hunter x hunter and have no more eps after 51! which is unfortunate considering on how popular the manga is. sure its not my hero academia popular, but enough for shonen jump to keep the series in their weekly magazine.

The show's failed to make an impact in the US, but I'm sure Japanese kids are still watching. There's a good chance that more will be made.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:13 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
jr240483 wrote:

The show's failed to make an impact in the US, but I'm sure Japanese kids are still watching. There's a good chance that more will be made.

it didn't fail at all here. Black Clover is one of the few show still able to beat MHA, Boruto and OP for the #1 spot on the popular list.

As for the Japanese viewership. No idea.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
**ATTENTION** Weekly reminder that if you're not watching Lupin the Third Part 5 you're missing out on one of the season's best shows **END OF PSA**

Thank you for your time.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

I'm with him on megalobox, 1-2 were really good, but 3-4 were only worth watching for the art direction/music imo, story character are going in massively uninteresting way and the fight themselves lost all meaning with gearless joe.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

I'm with him on megalobox, 1-2 were really good, but 3-4 were only worth watching for the art direction/music imo, story character are going in massively uninteresting way and the fight themselves lost all meaning with gearless joe.

Calling the story & characters uninteresting with no basis is completely subjective & a poor one at that. As well as the fights haven't lost all meaning with Gearless Joe, your comment doesn't make sense.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
meiam wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

Calling the story & characters uninteresting with no basis is completely subjective & a poor one at that. As well as the fights haven't lost all meaning with Gearless Joe, your comment doesn't make sense.

If I may interject, no one should be surprised by the types of posts from the two people you’re arguing with here as their posts are mainly just as how you’ve described them now, no matter how much evidence is in front of them.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:

If I may interject, no one should be surprised by these types of responses from the two posters you’re arguing with here as their posts are mainly just as how you’ve described them now, no matter how much evidence is in front of them.

What does that even mean?
meiam

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
meiam wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

If I may interject, no one should be surprised by the types of posts from the two people you’re arguing with here as their posts are mainly just as how you’ve described them now, no matter how much evidence is in front of them.

Soooo if I'm understanding your comment well, you're saying that I don't make sense and ignore the evidence in front of me. You do this by presenting... no evidence or justification... Rolling Eyes

As for my basis, I've commented in the weekly review threads. I wasn't going to get into the detail since this isn't a thread on megalobox but rather a thread on the scoring of the various show that are rated trough the weekly review attached to said thread. I trust that this makes sense?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Joshua Zarate wrote:

Soooo if I'm understanding your comment well, you're saying that I don't make sense and ignore the evidence in front of me. You do this by presenting... no evidence or justification... Rolling Eyes

[EDIT: Please remember to cut back on nested quotes. - Key]

I’m not presenting anything because all I was doing was agreeing with the person who is arguing with you. BTW, you’re not presenting any evidence as to why you said what you said about the anime at the beginning of the thread, so I don’t see why only I should have to provide anything. Besides, I have encountered with you a couple times in the past with evidence as to what was being discussed, but you ignore me completely, so I don’t see a reason why I should bother bringing up anything now.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
If i may interject I also feel like Megalo box is not as good as it once was.
The gearless joe episode seemed really sluggish although after reading the review I did come to understand why it was structured that way, it still wasn't as entertaining as the first couple.
Anyway I won't go into a lengthy explanation here but I just wanted to say the commenters here aren't alone in that Megalo Box doesn't pack as big a punch as the previous ones.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 am Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
**ATTENTION** Weekly reminder that if you're not watching Lupin the Third Part 5 you're missing out on one of the season's best shows **END OF PSA**

I'll add GeGeGe no Kitarou to this announcement. Though both shows are remakes of long-running franchises, they are both sufficiently self-contained to be enjoyed on their own.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2