• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 7-13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 am Reply with quote
Pretty impressive number for Fate movie , you don’t see 61k+ for BD+DVD that much in this shrinking market for anime discs these days.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 am Reply with quote
It's certainly not bad or anything of course, but I expected much more for the HF movie. Unlike UBW and Fate/Zero this is a (relatively) affordable release but it did about even with those despite being so much more affordable.

For a contemporary comparison, as a 2 hour movie the Heaven's Feel movie sold about even with the 45 minute Girls und Panzer Das Finale Chapter 1 with both selling for around the same price. And GuP doesn't have a mobile game franchise that's a mega-hit in Japan.

So, yeah, I thought HF would sell a lot more than the usual ufotable Fate numbers. Guess not.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It's certainly not bad or anything of course, but I expected much more for the HF movie. Unlike UBW and Fate/Zero this is a (relatively) affordable release but it did about even with those despite being so much more affordable.

What is the price? And do we know if it has subtitles? I might wait for Aniplex USA’s release, but I’m afraid they’ll price them like the Kizu movies. My hope is that they treat it like they did with Ordinal Scale, where they had a more affordable standard edition BD and DVD as well as digital sales and the option to rent digitally.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 am Reply with quote
The LE price is a little over 10k yen but with Amazon discount can be had for 7.5k yen. The normal release is a little over 6k but with Amazon discount can be had for 4.6k yen. Both listings shows it has English subtitles.

http://amzn.asia/9wH7RNk
http://amzn.asia/9uW9VKV
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
As I expected Darling in the Franxx is not a big hit in Japan. But it at least broke the 5k mark, and I imagine it is going to make good money overseas.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty surprised at the CCS sales, I mean it takes a long time for the plot to go places, but still. Also nice to see Violet Evergarden holding the numbers pretty well..
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
How is it that A Place Further than the Universe sold so low?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
How is it that A Place Further than the Universe sold so low?

Look at the Totals and the Number of Weeks it's on the chart. The show is still chugging along very nicely even after a few weeks.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:15 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
As I expected Darling in the Franxx is not a big hit in Japan. But it at least broke the 5k mark, and I imagine it is going to make good money overseas.

This is merely an assumption, but the internet backlash from epi. 14 could have had a small factor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1