• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to Screen Sailor Moon S The Movie, Sailor Moon SuperS The Movie Films in N. American

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I was really lucky I got to see the R movie in theaters which was an amazing experience. Hopefully these movies will play in my city too but I don't think I'll be able to make both of them since they're so close to each other. Since I already saw the R movie in theaters, I'll at least try to make it to see the SuperS movie as I really want to see Ami's First Love on the big screen. Since I saw the R movie dubbed, if it plays subbed near me this time, I might try to make to a subtitled screening this time but they only played the R movie dubbed in my area.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I imagine the crowd will be a lot different from Mazinger Z Infinity which was a heavily Hispanic crowd at my theatre.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
Yoooooo this means they’ll probably get a DVD release this year! Very Happy
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I did see R when it was shown in theaters. But since then I moved from San Francisco to Sacramento. Though thankfully I noticed this time it's through Fathom Events so there's a good chance that both movies will play here.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:13 pm Reply with quote
@Starfan13
Super S part 1 barely came out here recently, so it'll be a while until they release the next half. Besides, it'll be more likely they'll finish up the entire series possibly by next year at this rate.

Other than that, yay, more of the movies.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Excited they're showing the R movie again. I missed out on it the first time around due to no screenings nearby, so hopefully I can make this one. Just have to hope they'll show these movies at an Austin theater instead of the usual Dallas and Houston showings.

And Erica Mendez (Viz Uranus) adapted the scripts for the S and SuperS movies: https://twitter.com/tsunderica/status/998086853965250560
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Excited they're showing the R movie again. I missed out on it the first time around due to no screenings nearby, so hopefully I can make this one. Just have to hope they'll show these movies at an Austin theater instead of the usual Dallas and Houston showings.

No sign of our local Cinemark showing it, as this year the Cinemark chain is, quote, "cutting back" on Fathom TCM classic screenings and specials, and only concentrating on the high-priced ballet, opera and events.
(Which is their funeral, since I can guarantee more people will be at the Fathom Ghibli-festival Porco Rosso screening this week than at the screen showing Melissa McCarthy's "Life of the Party". Laughing With more empty theaters these past three summers, you'd think big theater chains would be more interested in something else to show besides what they're stuck with.)

Still, nice to see a new generation going to the SuperS Movie and getting the Three O'Clock Fairy Song stuck in their heads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2EKqsEmcM
We had to twenty years ago, guys, now it's YOUR turn. Twisted Evil
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Our screening of the R film was sold out and everyone waiting to get in had snacks so, unless Cineplex has developed amnesia, Edmonton is guaranteed showtimes when these ones come to Canada. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1