• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsurune Archery Anime's Teaser Video Reveals Cast, Staff, October Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Cute archery boys? Sign me the hell up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. Archery is usually portrayed as a dominantly feminine club/activity in anime.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited for this! I love Japanese archery. There’s something so beautiful and serene about it. And with KyoAni behind the series, I’m sure it will be a gorgeous anime.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah I remember them announcing this way back. Will have to check it out Smile
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 am Reply with quote
As a fan of KyoAni's works regardless of their targeted audience, I do have hope that this will be more like Euphonium than Free (or Euphonium than K-On). Free is entertaining, but I think it's got too much drama forced for the sake of shipping, and to be fair, I also found this even in the Euphonium Mizore-Nozomi arc which thus I didn't enjoy (hopefully the movie would treat it more carefully).

So I hope more for a beautiful animation and more down to earth drama as in the best part of Euphonium.
vini64

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:12 am Reply with quote
For those saying it will be like Free with archery, remember that everyone said the same about Hibike! Euphonium, that it would be K-ON! Brass Band edition. But we all know the surprising outcome of that, right? I think it will be the same with Tsurune and its comparisons to Free.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I've always wanted to learn more about Japanese archery, it just looks so elegant and steeped in culture, so I'm hyped for this. Although I admit when I imagined a show like this I pictured the characters looking more poised and handsome lol.
AA751

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 pm Reply with quote
vini64 wrote:
For those saying it will be like Free with archery, remember that everyone said the same about Hibike! Euphonium, that it would be K-ON! Brass Band edition. But we all know the surprising outcome of that, right? I think it will be the same with Tsurune and its comparisons to Free.

But Free wasn't just fanservice? I don't get why it being like Free is a bad thing.
quaton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
New project looks alright, I'll wait until I see an animated PV before judging it.

AA751 wrote:

But Free wasn't just fanservice? I don't get why it being like Free is a bad thing.

That's exactly what it was and still is. If you want substance in your swimming anime, you'll have to watch the High Speed! movie by the studio's top tier director Takemoto Yasuhiro.
Super_M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:05 am Reply with quote
Cute boys from Kyoani. I'm looking forward.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Did a bunch of cleaning up. Just report the trolls please, don't feed them and respond.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1