• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bookstore: 'So I'm a Spider, So What?' Novels Get Anime Project

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:01 am Reply with quote
Knew this was coming eventually. It feels like almost every Yen Press licensed series gets anime these days.

Pretty excited about this. I hope they get a talented voice cast especially for our spider.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
Mad people. If it not at least 26 episodes of munchkin grind, the adaptation of Kumo-chan is pointless!
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quote
Agree, that was to be expected and it really needs 2 cour .
HueyLion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am Reply with quote
Not like this wasn't going happen eventually.

With Japan adapting a lot of light novels nowadays...
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:14 am Reply with quote
Hooray! I actually read the first volume and enjoyed it. This is going to be a fun show. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 am Reply with quote
NAI WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This makes me happy.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
Yes, this is such a briliantly done manga! I would certainly be watching this. Now waiting for Slime Taoshite 300 Years something and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear to get an anime adaptation as well.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Yes, this is such a briliantly done manga! I would certainly be watching this. Now waiting for Slime Taoshite 300 Years something and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear to get an anime adaptation as well.

Have you tried the original Light Novel (which happens to be a web novel before publication)? If not, give it a chance, it’s just as enjoyable, if not more, compare to its manga adaptation Wink
Calico

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 am Reply with quote
Yay! I just hope this takes after the manga more than the novels, because the manga is much better by virtue of not alternating chapters between Kumoko and the most boring light novel protagonist alive. (Also, I definitely prefer the manga's design of her, because the light novel gave her weird anime eyes).
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Okay but where's the Healing Hero anime?
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
Mind telling me who is this most boring protagonist? Does the work featured anybody else beside our spider girl as protagonist? I'm okay with spoiler.
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Sorry but I'm not really fond of reading too much texts right now. Thanks for the recommendation, though.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Mind telling me who is this most boring protagonist? Does the work featured anybody else beside our spider girl as protagonist? I'm okay with spoiler.

Spidergirl's entire class was sucked along to fantasy land, and most of them reincarnated as regular folk. One guy's a prince who's destined to fight the demon lord, and his POV takes up about a quarter of each book.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Calico wrote:

Yes, it introduce spoiler[another people from the class who's got more "lucky" than Kumo] - except manga throw them aside, mostly because in the novel they are needed just to make plot bigger in the beginning and do the breaks between simple munchkin adventure of Kumo.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:19 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Afezeria wrote:

Spidergirl's entire class was sucked along to fantasy land, and most of them reincarnated as regular folk. One guy's a prince who's destined to fight the demon lord, and his POV takes up about a quarter of each book.

As a manga reader, that sounds dreadfully boring and I second hoping they stick to only spider girl.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 am Reply with quote
This is great news and it is one of the more interesting isekai light novels I have read. Considering it is a survival story with a female protagonist reincarnated as a giant spider it has a unique story and it has the potential to be a great anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3