• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie's Trailer Unveiled at Comic-Con

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd be more excited for, I dunno, Janemba, or Hildegarn, or even Super 13 in a new movie.

Can't rag on the production values, though. Looks pretty topnotch for a DB movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Liking this new Broly already, not a single word of Kakarot is heard.

The designs r pretty awesome as well, HYPE
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I'd be more excited for, I dunno, Janemba, or Hildegarn, or even Super 13 in a new movie.

Can't rag on the production values, though. Looks pretty topnotch for a DB movie.

Yeesh again with the Broly hate-boner. We get it you dislike the guy, pick someone new to complain about. It’s not like any of those guys you mentioned are any better, there all just about as shallow as Broly is character-wise.

Very good great trailer, animation looks top notch.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Is Vic reprising Broly? It's hard to tell since Broly only screams in the English dub trailer.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

God I would hate all of those more.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Janemba is a far more compelling villain than Muscle Mountain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Janemba is a far more compelling villain than Muscle Mountain.

You are aware Janemba is basically just demon-Buu right? Sure he’s got a more distinct & interesting power-set but that’s it really. So don’t lie by saying he’s any more of a compelling or interesting character than Broly is cause he’s not.
kyot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Looks great.

I'm a little disappointed Broly doesn't have his dark blue hair. That was my favourite Broly look, even though it had so little screen time.
Maybe they took it out so not to confuse average viewers with the SS Blue form.

Looks at Vegeta design screencap. Thinks Osomatsu-san Razz
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Why remove the sub trailer? some people prefer that. Broly looks dope here. I hate Freiza's dub so bad compared to Linda Young's version.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Super Saiyan Gods. Super Saiyan Blue. Golden Frieza. Broly vs just about everybody!! So can't wait to see this.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

You are aware Janemba is basically just demon-Buu right? Sure he’s got a more distinct & interesting power-set but that’s it really. So don’t lie by saying he’s any more of a compelling or interesting character than Broly is cause he’s not.

He is. The backstory is more interesting, his powers are more interesting... Janemba is never made into anything more than he's intended to be, unlike Broly, the "REALSY REALS REAL Legendary Super Saiyan of Legend!" At least Janemba didn't become evil because a baby cried.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

He is. The backstory is more interesting, his powers are more interesting... Janemba is never made into anything more than he's intended to be, unlike Broly, the "REALSY REALS REAL Legendary Super Saiyan of Legend!" At least Janemba didn't become evil because a baby cried.

In this universe we don't know if that's what made him evil.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

And that’s where you are wrong. Janemba is the same as Broly, good backstory’s but not very good execution. Cause Broly has a good backstory if you look past that whole crying excuse you people keep focusing on as if that’s the only thing about him. He was born a genetic anomaly, a mutant with unnaturally high-power who was almost murdered as a baby out of jealousy because of his immense power. The murder attempt, his father controlling him, & his obscene power then rendered him insane with his hatred of Goku being his jealousy & anger that such a weak Saiyan was allowed to love compared to him who was almost killed.

It’s a good backstory, the execution is just bad. Same with Janemba, he’s got a good backstory but personality wise he’s just a Buu copycat. He had a lot of potential but they never do anything with him aside from repeating Buu’s gags.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Disappointing to be honest. It just shows Male Kale doing the same thing he did three. Freaking. Times with diminishing returns. Except now he's beating up Frieza. Whoop-dee-doo
xchampion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
Is Vic reprising Broly? It's hard to tell since Broly only screams in the English dub trailer.

It doesn't sound like Vic in the trailer. I just watched the original Broly movies last week dubbed and Vic's screams are very distinct. That doesn't mean he won't voice Broly. It's possible they just couldn't get Vic to come in and do the trailer. I am also wondering if its Damian Mills or Christopher Ayres voicing Frieza in the trailer. I know Damian Mills voiced Frieza last in Dragon Ball Fighterz, and they sound so much alike in the role that I can't tell the difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3