• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - HARUKANA RECEIVE

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
This one looks interesting. I've never heard of any anime that focused on volleyball before (closest equivalent would be episode 100 of Sailor Moon). I played volleyball myself for some time and I was a pretty good player, haven't done it for like five years about though.

And ah, it's directed by the same guy who did the key animation for Project A-ko. Smile

I can't see it on Crunchyroll though because I need a "free trial" though. Load of bull. Evil or Very Mad
NGK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Really? Manga Time Kirara doing sports manga now turned into anime Shocked Laughing

also

Another worthy show to watch before or after HaruKana is HaneBado Cool
raikochan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 am Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
This one looks interesting. I've never heard of any anime that focused on volleyball before (closest equivalent would be episode 100 of Sailor Moon). I played volleyball myself for some time and I was a pretty good player, haven't done it for like five years about though.

And ah, it's directed by the same guy who did the key animation for Project A-ko. Smile

I can't see it on Crunchyroll though because I need a "free trial" though. Load of bull. Evil or Very Mad

Do you specifically mean beach volleyball? Because if you mean any volleyball anime in general, I have to admit I'm surprised to hear of anyone who watches current day anime not having heard of Haikyu. There's also the much more old school Attacker You, Ashita e Attack, and Attack No. 1. Apparently in Japan, volleyball = attack. Just in case, Attack on Titan is not about volleyball. Possibly some other ones that I'm missing, and I personally can't recall any other show specifically about beach volleyball, although it's certainly been shown in many an anime's semi-obligatory beach episode.

Crunchyroll simulcasts need either a premium account or a free trial to watch within the first week of airing. If you don't mind ads and waiting one week after the original air date, you should be able to watch it on Crunchy for free (depending on region availability and where you yourself live.) "Availability for free users: Jul 13, 2018"
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I meant beach volleyball, though I never heard about those anime, I'll have to check them out.

Yeah, I just discovered the "Free Users" thing recently, I haven't used Crunchyroll all that often. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1