• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuyushiki Anime's Kaori, Yuruyuri's Namori Work on Endro~! Original Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Man, Namori is busy! And this is like the 2nd anime original project she contributed on.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:41 pm Reply with quote
A CGDCT fantasy anime from Studio Gokumi. Namori's art is the best of the three in my opinion. I hope the anime's character design will be based on hers. She has been on a role, lately. I guess this is the reason why she halted her Yuru Yuri manga. Also, she seems to love Akari so much, she based one girl on her for Release the Spyce and this one.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:07 am Reply with quote
It was looking fine and dandy, but then I saw those outfits. If they turn out to be under high school age, the anime will just not work.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:01 am Reply with quote
This would definitely be fun, all right! Will be anticipating for cute girls.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
It was looking fine and dandy, but then I saw those outfits. If they turn out to be under high school age, the anime will just not work.

More like it works better if that's the case especially since it won't be the typical bad LN harem/isekai that's been out of style for a while.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:23 am Reply with quote
Those outfits show a lot of skin. Since anime is reluctant to sexualize young girls, it will just be awkwardly animated and badly detailed if they are not at least high school age.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
Is this why Yuruyuri is on hiatus? Ok then.
Chickenpotatoes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Those outfits show a lot of skin. Since anime is reluctant to sexualize young girls, it will just be awkwardly animated and badly detailed if they are not at least high school age.

You gotta stop getting mad at "sexualization" of girls in cdcgt/girl cast/Yuri-esque anime. For judging by your other posts, you seem to have no problem of any kind of "sexualization" when it comes to het/harem.
Random Name

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
It will work just fine if you can't separate reality from fiction that's your problem. Also your concerned about age yet your ok with sexualizing high school girls?
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Namori+Moe girls (the visual looks great)+fantasy = Looks like I have another anime to look for in 2019.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:46 pm Reply with quote
You guys misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with sexualizing younger girls. The anime industry does. And hence when the outfits are revealing, but the girls are under a certain age, the animation will just be oversimplified, non-detailed and awkwardly animated in order to avoid said sexualization. If they are not under a certain age, it seems like studios are A-okay with putting in the details to animating lewd outfits.
So that's why it would be a huge problem if they were young. Lewd lolis and anime don't go well together.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Lewd lolis and anime don't go well together.
Koneko from DxD, Maria from Shinmai Maou no Testament, Illya & Kuro from Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya Silvia Silkcut, from Masou Gakuen HxH dare to disagree with you.

Of course studios will leave the best uncensored animation for the BD's
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:44 am Reply with quote
Most of those you mentioned were borderline hentai, with a token loli character, but get this; neither of them were actually underage.
As for Prisma Illya, it toned down the manga's visual lewdness to a worthless, awkward pile of nothing most of the time.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:44 am Reply with quote
Chickenpotatoes wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:

You gotta stop getting mad at "sexualization" of girls in cdcgt/girl cast/Yuri-esque anime. For judging by your other posts, you seem to have no problem of any kind of "sexualization" when it comes to het/harem.

In fact, most of the anime somehow sexualizes girls, and sometimes boys. The problem is that such shows are often more susceptible to sexualization and exploitation, since they are oriented towards moe and otaku, who are so dedicated to their waifu and fetishes that any male character is perceived by them as a romantic rival or a barrier for their yuri pairings.

Therefore, a show like "choose your waifu" and other idol \ mobage adaptations very often suffer from this. But yes, many ecchi shows, especially harems, are also subject to sexualization, often in a more blatant way, so if a person doesn't really see sexualization in them, then it's pretty hypocritical. As in the theoretical opposite case.
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 am Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:

In fact, most of the anime somehow sexualizes girls, and sometimes boys. The problem is that such shows are often more susceptible to sexualization and exploitation, since they are oriented towards moe and otaku, who are so dedicated to their waifu and fetishes that any male character is perceived by them as a romantic rival or a barrier for their yuri pairings.
Unless it's the brother from Non Non Biyori male characters have no place in CGDCT shows. Its cool if you dont like those type of shows but really If you want to see a show with male characters watch one of the other 30 shows airing that season just leave the CGDCT shows alone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2