• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Animation, Dandelion Animation Studio Partner for Digital Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Toei's art and animation is possibly the worst looking in the anime business now'er days compared to the rest, in the digital era at least. I wonder how this would "improve" that.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
What is digital Anime? Is it Anime that is drawn on a tablet instead of paper, because some animators do that already. It doesn't sound like they are referring to CG Anime, otherwise they would just say CG Anime.
Wong Lee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Most likely for bolstering 3D support. Anime needs to be transitioned to full 3D. Doing 2D is labor intensive and animators are paid piss poor.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:39 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
Toei's art and animation is possibly the worst looking in the anime business now'er days compared to the rest, in the digital era at least. I wonder how this would "improve" that.

surely you've only seen dbs, one piece anime from Toei and haven't watched the majority of toei's projects, especially those high quality gem ones. That sucks.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:44 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:

Arguable. Watching some of the older and current series like Gegege no Kitarou or the Precure series I have to say that the quality of most episodes looks pretty solid to me considering the amount of episodes they always have to produce. It's a matter of one's own standards but as I said it still looks presentable in comparison to some other currently airing anime although some background art may look less detailed or sloppy colored. But I know enough people who at least appreciate the average animation quality of several fighting scenes (on tumblr, youtube or here). I for my part have a lot of fun with most Toei series over the last years and I hope this cooperation will give them a nice boost.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:07 am Reply with quote
Wong Lee wrote:
Most likely for bolstering 3D support. Anime needs to be transitioned to full 3D. Doing 2D is labor intensive and animators are paid piss poor.
No thanks, no really no thanks we do not need that. It was after all Toei who back in the 70s who decided to start the trend of firing full time staff in exchange for free lancers.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:35 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wong Lee wrote:
No thanks, no really no thanks we do not need that. It was after all Toei who back in the 70s who decided to start the trend of firing full time staff in exchange for free lancers.

and where did you knew that stuff about toei? seems you're quite an expert.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:37 am Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wong Lee wrote:

and where did you knew that stuff about toei? seems you're quite an expert.
A Manga Entrainment podcast, you will have to ask Jeremy Graves for more detail.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Wong Lee wrote:
I'm not sure how the style of anime that is produced would somehow resolve all the problems of Japanese employees' conditions which is a problem in all areas of Japanese business life and not just in animation.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Wong Lee wrote:

With the exception of the Precure concert endings, this Maho Girls! short and parts of Mazinger Z: Infinity, I have never seen any anime that rendered 3D animation to any semblance of a pleasing format to the eyes. Neutral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1