• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: In Case You're Still Thinking About Hellshake Yano's Animelo Summer Live Concert

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this is some mix event with a bunch of anime related performance, this must have been so weird for the people who didn't watch the anime.
Phoenix512

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I'm guessing this is some mix event with a bunch of anime related performance, this must have been so weird for the people who didn't watch the anime.

Animelo is 100% anime related performances with each singer/group do 1-3 songs along with some occasional cover duets like ZAQ and OxT doing Sugar Song and Bitter Step from Blood Blockade Battlefront.

I was at day 3 and can tell you that people did enjoy the whole Hellshake Yano performance with multiple chants of "Hellshake" by the crowd.I didn't watch Pop Team Epic beyond the first episode and thought this was great. After Hellshake Yano, Sumire Uesaka did the opening of Pop Team Epic which at one point fake shot her dancers in the head before fake shooting herself in the head and then reviving to sing the final part of the song.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Every single person who attended Anisama will probably be unable to stop thinking about Hellshake Yano since then.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:21 am Reply with quote
XerneasYveltal wrote:
Every single person who attended Anisama will probably be unable to stop thinking about Hellshake Yano since then.

The one thing to compete with it, based on Anisama accounts I've read, is the sight of JAM Project appearing on stage in costume, introducing themselves as an entirely different band (a la the Beatles acting as “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”), and then playing a cover of μs’ “Snow Halation” from Love Live!.
omoikane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
AC-bu's Shunsuke Itakura and Toru Adachi took to the stage in front of 80,000 people and performed with sketchbook in hand.

80000 people is like the total attendance across all 3 days. So more like they took to the stage in front of 28000 people.

AC Bu sent a huge flower stand on day 3 as well, so that was a good lead-up. The actual best Pop Team Epic skit at Anisama this year was on day 2 when Petit Milady had a collab skit with bkub illustrations and male voice dubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1