• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix U.S. Sets Violet Evergarden Special Episode, Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 Premiere Dates

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddy564

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I’ll be interested in checking this out.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Is it gonna be all 24 episodes of the 2nd season for Seven Deadly Sins or are they gonna be stupid and call the first 12 episodes "Season 2" and the second 12 episodes "Season 3"

edit: normally I'd be like "well this ended almost 4 months ago, so it HAS to be all 24 episodes" but Netflix is pretty trash with anime. I just watched Dragon Pilot on there, and despite all the months they had I still found well over a dozen issues with their subs including some pretty major issues. It's like they have no editor at all. Basically extra time does NOT equate to higher quality product, when it comes to Netflix.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Is it gonna be all 24 episodes of the 2nd season for Seven Deadly Sins or are they gonna be stupid and call the first 12 episodes "Season 2" and the second 12 episodes "Season 3".

I could have sworn they called the 4 Holy War episodes "season 2" in the past. Which makes the actual 2nd season "season 3", and potentially "season 4". Who knows though, they split Little Witch Academia up into two "seasons" when it was just one 2-cour show, so probably.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Netflix does list The Seven Deadly Sins with two seasons currently, but it refers to Signs of Holy War as “Signs of Holy War” and not Season 2, so the latter is still available.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Is it gonna be all 24 episodes of the 2nd season for Seven Deadly Sins or are they gonna be stupid and call the first 12 episodes "Season 2" and the second 12 episodes "Season 3"

edit: normally I'd be like "well this ended almost 4 months ago, so it HAS to be all 24 episodes" but Netflix is pretty trash with anime. I just watched Dragon Pilot on there, and despite all the months they had I still found well over a dozen issues with their subs including some pretty major issues. It's like they have no editor at all. Basically extra time does NOT equate to higher quality product, when it comes to Netflix.

It's a higher quality product due to the multiple languages it is dubbed and released simultaneously in. And boy it's usually a good amount. And for the record I've never had a problem with how they do their subtitles but hey just watch it in another language instead as an option.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Finally. The dub took its sweet time.
#TheGreatestP4P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:01 am Reply with quote
Cant wait for people overrating castlevania like dunces. "It HaS bEtTeR sToRy gUys, I sWeAr!" Also the rest will be available on Kissanime or MasterAni so I'm not gonna pay for a subscription that relies on me being there every week.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
#TheGreatestP4P wrote:
Quote:
so I'm not gonna pay for a subscription that relies on me being there every week.

Where did you get that idea? None of the streaming services currently available require you to be present every week or at any specific time. When they post an episode of anime it stays available to stream until the license expires. You can watch as the shows are posted or at any future time you want. It is especially ironic that you would say this in connection with Netflix as they tend to post entire seasons of a licensed anime at one time. They get a lot of flack for that.
#TheGreatestP4P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
#TheGreatestP4P wrote:
Quote:
so I'm not gonna pay for a subscription that relies on me being there every week.

Where did you get that idea? None of the streaming services currently available require you to be present every week or at any specific time. When they post an episode of anime it stays available to stream until the license expires. You can watch as the shows are posted or at any future time you want. It is especially ironic that you would say this in connection with Netflix as they tend to post entire seasons of a licensed anime at one time. They get a lot of flack for that.
Lost me at the first two sentences, nigga every site requires you to be there. If u don't use it frequently, you just wasted 25-30$ for nothing.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote
@#TheGreatestP4P

Well, you do have to use the service to make it worthwhile. However, it is a monthly charge, for all services. You could probably get your money's worth in a couple days a month. Regardless, Netflix is $10 a month for the basic service, Crunchyroll is similar and Highdive is currently $6 a month. None of these is excessive. It is possible that you feel entitled to get it all for free, but this is not the forum to brag about that.
#TheGreatestP4P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@#TheGreatestP4P

Well, you do have to use the service to make it worthwhile. However, it is a monthly charge, for all services. You could probably get your money's worth in a couple days a month. Regardless, Netflix is $10 a month for the basic service, Crunchyroll is similar and Highdive is currently $6 a month. None of these is excessive. It is possible that you feel entitled to get it all for free, but this is not the forum to brag about that.
Netflix is 25$ a month. Where do you live at cause this aint adding up
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Actually the basic is only $7.99 a month. Standard is $10.99 and Premium is $13.99, according to their website. Really, the only way you could be paying $25 month is if you are getting both streaming and DVD/Blurays.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote
@#TheGreatestP4P

I live in Virginia (as stated just below my avatar). It is on the East Coast just below Washington. Just where do you live that you have to pay double+?

@zrnzle500

Do they still offer a DVD/Blu-ray service? I notice that when I signed up last week.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:15 pm Reply with quote
They do still offer it, and it's still profitable for them apparently (3 million subscribers and made $56 million dollars in profit on $99 million in revenue in the first quarter this year).
#TheGreatestP4P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I live in [expletive] Texas. Cool I pay for 25$ subscription.(or more accurately, my brother does) and it costs 25$ each time. Its comparable to that of an xbox live 3 month subscription
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2