• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: MEGALOBOX Producer Minako Fujiyoshi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forexjammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
DID I HEAR SECOND SEASON?
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Can we appreciate the fact that they realized the path they were going down didn't work, and they instead changed it into the show we have now? I feel like nowadays, they would've gone for the story relating to Ashita no Joe to try and draw in an audience. Instead they went and did something slightly different, but still recognizable in one way or another.

Gotta love MegaloBox.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Admittedly, if they did keep with the side-story concept that they originally had in mind, I actually would have preferred if they didn't go with Rikiishi, though I understand why they were going that way. Instead, I would have loved an "Ashita no Nishi" series focusing on Mammoth Nishi, who befriended Joe while in juvy & eventually acted as a reliable friend to Joe. The original story establishes that Nishi also became a boxer, & would eventually retire due to injury, but the original anime (or, at least, Ashita no Joe 2) never showed a single second of Nishi's career. Considering how lovable of a supporting character Nishi was, I would love to see his side of the story, & see how he goes from a rough & mean gang leader to a upstanding & caring citizen.

Essentially, Nishi had the "traditional" story arc that we'd expect from a story like Ashita no Joe, but it's never told in any sort of detail.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
I don't consider myself a feminist, but I am happy that the producer is a woman. We definitely need more women producers, directors, and writers in the anime industry.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the interview! It was a superb show and I really hope we get season 2 down the line
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1