• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Q Hayashida's Dorohedoro Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
This announcement surprised me. Didn't think it would get one but great to see it happening with some of the content in it.

Lot of chapters to adapt too! I can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Grimvice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
WOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Yes, isekai and amnesia. Finally. Woho.
Rednimue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 am Reply with quote
I know asking for a complete adaptation is a little too much ... but I can dream, right ?
Niello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 am Reply with quote
It's finally happening! Golden Kamuy, Vinland Saga, and now Dorohedoro. It's a good trend. The more people who know this unique series the better.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:

Not sure if trolling or just stupid, because Dorohedoro setting never was isekai in the first place, it's post-apocalyptic magitech-punk, most;y because Hayashida was Nihei assistant before she gets serialized and that affected her. And this manga ran for 18 whole years, before isekai even become mainstream, damn.

Last edited by WANNFH on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:38 am Reply with quote
What a wonderful surprise Very Happy
Ajc228

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a cool premise. It would be cool if they got a good animation staff and studio but I’m sure they’ll announce polygon pictures will be handling production.
Niello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:42 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Mhora wrote:

Not sure if trolling or just stupid, because Dorohedoro setting never was isekai in the first place, it's post-apocalyptic magitech-punk, most;y because Hayashida was Nihei assistant before she gets serialized and that affected her. And this manga ran for 18 whole years, before isekai even become mainstream, damn.

It does have an isekai element to it, if we are purely speaking the concept of ending up in another world. You can even say other series before the isekai trend are isekai, Twelve Kingdoms for example.
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
Yeeees!!!
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty promising. I'm not familiar with the source material but judging by the image and the comments here this looks right up my alley. Gonna keep a close eye on this for sure
Merxamers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am Reply with quote
Rednimue wrote:
I know asking for a complete adaptation is a little too much ... but I can dream, right ?

The manga literally just ended in Japan, so i'd say the odds are pretty good we'll get a full adaptation.

This news is so surreal to me; i adore the manga, and there is nothing else like it. It is incredibly bizarre, violent, grim, and yet has tons of lovable characters and a tight, compelling story. I can't wait to see what the response to this will be once it starts airing. I just hope the anime doesn't make the mistake of using a poop color scheme, like that Junji Ito anime did.
Rednimue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
Sounds like a cool premise. It would be cool if they got a good animation staff and studio but I’m sure they’ll announce polygon pictures will be handling production.

God no ... Please not polygon ...

I have the feeling that MAPPA or Geno will handle the adaptation, or maybe even Shuka.

Merxamers wrote:
Rednimue wrote:

The manga literally just ended in Japan, so i'd say the odds are pretty good we'll get a full adaptation.

Hopefully you're right.
XSp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
That is one style of artwork that will be super hard to get right in animation... but it's awesome that it's getting an adaptation. More people should know about this story.

Next, I wanna see SOIL adapted to anime. xD Talk about crazy stories
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
Niello wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
Mhora wrote:

It does have an isekai element to it, if we are purely speaking the concept of ending up in another world. You can even say other series before the isekai trend are isekai, Twelve Kingdoms for example.

From that perspective, Harry Potter is an isekai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3