• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super: Broly Anime Film's Teaser Unveils Gogeta

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh so that's how they'll beat Broly...

Wouldn't it be awesome to go in the theaters without a clue and be all hype once they transform? These teases are killing my hype tbh
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Anime Spoiler Network. Great job ANN.
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Toei clearly doesn't consider this to be a spoiler, or they wouldn't have made this trailer.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Dicku-kun wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome to go in the theaters without a clue and be all hype once they transform? These teases are killing my hype tbh

^ That's why you try to avoid info dumps and teases on hyped projects.

Asaaaasd wrote:

Toei clearly doesn't consider this to be a spoiler, or they wouldn't have made this trailer.

That and the fact a new version of Gogeta was hinted at by dataminers in Xenoverse 2 all this is, is confirmation of that.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
If you are on the internet and didn't knew Gogeta was in the movie you were just in denial, good thing we can finally talk about it know that they revealed it, I just wanna see the fights, they're gonna be awesome
WorldQuest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:25 pm Reply with quote
[quote="BadNewsBlues"]
Dicku-kun wrote:

^ That's why you try to avoid info dumps and teases on hyped projects.

Hold on....what if someone (Like myself) was just causally looking up news regarding other things besides Dragon Ball brolly movie.

Out of nowhere a spoiler like this comes out and ruins most of the ending hype for the film.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Just to address this officially, I did consider whether this would be too much of a spoiler for the headline. However, since Bandai Namco, Toei, and Funimation have all been very public with their advertisements that Gogeta will be in this movie, I don't think there's cause for us to be circumspect.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Thinking about it, it would actually be a little surprising to me if Gogeta was how Broly is defeated. I don't recall fusion characters defeating the villain in anything canon.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
But wait, doesn't both Goku and Vegeta need to be at the same height size in order to successfully pull off the fusion dance?
chronos02

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Gogeta isn't the big surprise, I'd be willing to bet my alternate future pinky finguer that the surprise will actually be a Gogeta x Potara combination, with Vegeta and Goku doing the fusion dance while resisting the attraction force of the potara earrings and combining into whatever name that would have! And obviously Brolly will overpower them and after some kind of miracle, they'll beat him out of nowhere because good >>>> evil!

Ina more serious note (or maybe not?), if they don't fuse into phat Gogeta I'll get very mad.
PHAT GOGETA BLU FTW!!!!!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
WorldQuest wrote:

Hold on....what if someone (Like myself) was just causally looking up news regarding other things besides Dragon Ball brolly movie.

Out of nowhere a spoiler like this comes out and ruins most of the ending hype for the film.

Okay and yet it's not like there hasn't been a steady stream of spoilerific information coming out for this movie from the main antagonist, Vegeta turning SSJ God, some of the backstory and yet out of all this the deal breaker is ANN by way of Bandai Namco revealing that Gogeta was in this movie?

Expecting outlets or individuals on the internet not to spoil something your interested is about as reasonable as expecting a mouse not to leave droppings wherever it scurries around at.
Vent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote
The video was posted on the official Toei youtube account, with Gogeta in the thumbnail and in the name.

Like...pretty sure that's fair game at that point?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Remember when Toei anime shows had major spoilers in the episode titles themselves?
Ethe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Remember when Toei anime shows had major spoilers in the episode titles themselves?

spoiler["The Kind-Hearted Hero, Leomon Dies"]

I'll never forget how much that title made me laugh Laughing
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure it would have been a nice surprise to people who hadn't already guess that Fusion of some kind was the most likely way that Broly would be defeated but let's be honest here. What other ways were you expecting? And yeah, Toei has never cared spoilers. (See all the episodes that tell you what character dies in the title across countless shows they've done.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2