• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium Series Gets 2 New Novels About Kumiko's 3rd Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:17 am Reply with quote
I sincerely hope that Kyoto Animation can adapt these novels as well. I really want to see more of Kumiko and her euphonium.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
I also would like to see more of this story animated. If we do get a third season and Ponycan USA is involved, I hope Sentai handles disc distribution.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
Are Kumiko and Reina finally going to scissor in these ones
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
It would be really great if they would release more of the novels in English so the fans can read them.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can already see that even if Takeda-sensei fortifies the canon ending between Kumiko and Shuichi, the makers will bow to baiting the LGBTQ community with their yuri attacks with a subtle "we-are-not-yuri" storyline instead of just pushing the button and just letting it go. I know this is not the first time a reference source getting altered completely, but can they man up and just proclaim this is a yuri show?
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Kumiko and Reina???? At the end of the second season spoiler[Kumiko confesses her love to Asuka. After watching the season a few times it's definitely NOT a "like you as a friend" confession. ]
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
@Joshua Zarate

@angelmcazares

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtuBXZaV4AAN0YZ.jpg:large

Quite possible. But it worries me that they have adapted the whole second year into two films, one of which even carries the name "Final". Can they adapt the entire third year in one final film?

ScruffyKiwi wrote:
MarthKoopa wrote:

Kumiko and Reina???? At the end of the second season spoiler[Kumiko confesses her love to Asuka. After watching the season a few times it's definitely NOT a "like you as a friend" confession. ]

Seriously? This ship is even less likely than the Kumiko x Reina. I can understand people who take seriously all the shipping in this franchise, but in order to perceive this confession as a romantic and serious ship tease, you must to be quite a naive person with huge Yuri Goggles.

It does not make sense even in the context of the rest of the yuri bait in the show, as it fully works on Kumiko x Raina baiting, both taking into account the themes of the original LN, and all the pseudo-romantic symbolism like the red line of fate on the cover of the first OP.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Well, I can already see that even if Takeda-sensei fortifies the canon ending between Kumiko and Shuichi, the makers will bow to baiting the LGBTQ community with their yuri attacks with a subtle "we-are-not-yuri" storyline instead of just pushing the button and just letting it go. I know this is not the first time a reference source getting altered completely, but can they man up and just proclaim this is a yuri show?

This anime is never baiting the LGBT community. With the exception of a rather manipulative episode, when Crunch used the show to praised the same-sex marriage's law in the US, the original franchise itself always tried to appeal to Class S fans like Maria-sama Mitteru (in one of the scenes, Kumiko even refers to such a practice, reflecting on the "passionate" friendship between the girls in the orchestra) and subsequently to the yuri community thanks to the traditional KyoAni's yuri bait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1