• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Goblin Slayer Episode 11 to Air on December 22, After Recap Episode This Week

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S0crates

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised you didn't mention that it's the most watched series of the season (at Crunchy, Source 6. Nov.):

USA:

Canada:

South America:

Australia:

Europe:

Middle-East:
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
@S0crates I like thats its the most watched though its a shame reviews are mixed. I see Europe and the Middle East prefers Jojo and Slime more though GS completely owns Australia.

Theyre really gonna stretch it out until the end of the month huh. I wonder if the recap gets dubbed too.

Last edited by GhostD on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I assume this is because of production issues, or maybe they just want to take more time for the last two episodess. Either way, recaps are always a bummer.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
I assume this is because of production issues, or maybe they just want to take more time for the last two episodess. Either way, recaps are always a bummer.

No. It's common to have one week without an episode during an anime season.
In that case, there are 13 weeks for the fall 2018 season and Goblin Slayer is 12 episodes long, so instead to have the 13th week without an episode they opted for a recap before the finale.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Goblin Slayer is this watched but I'm not at all surprised that the reviews are mixed.
Assuming that there are people who are keeping up with it there are some people who can't bring themselves to like something but will still watch out of entertainment.
S0crates

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:25 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[well some of the scenes in SAO got censored over the Western streaming services. You can get a side by side view here:

https://twitter.com/TZEENO/status/1071480682571030528

It's not at the levels of Goblin Slayer, but it's one of the darker Sword Art Online episodes for sure. That said Season 2 was probably worse for SAO, as this is pretty tame in comparison, so why they chose to censor this while going ahead with Goblin Slayer is a bit weird in my opinion. Maybe it actually is the other way around that Goblin Slayer legit made SAO more mild than they wanted it to be, because GS got such attention over it.]
Trendo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
S0crates wrote:
Blatch wrote:
I bet they were taken aback by SAO's sexual assault episode, so they're taking more time to juice up the content for the finale. Cool

spoiler[Haha, well some of the scenes in SAO got censored over the Western streaming services. You can get a side by side view here:

https://twitter.com/TZEENO/status/1071480682571030528]
You should know that only Crunchyrolls release and any other partner company with CR had the censored version.
Every other streamingservice like Wakanim in Germany had the same version like in japan, without any changes.
In that case, CR decided they need to censor it and not the licenseholder from japan.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Ugh recaps are so lazy and completely obsolete with the way people watch tv these days (internet steaming and DVR etc)

And holy Whoah - that SAO scene is way more explicit and disturbing than anything in Goblin Slayer - I apparently had a misconception of what SAO was like ...
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why they even bother with these recap episodes; if they're behind schedule they should just skip a week.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
I don't know why they even bother with these recap episodes; if they're behind schedule they should just skip a week.

Now that you mention this I am curious about the decision to do a recap episode considering the anime only has 2 episodes left. They usually do these recaps around the midpoint of the season.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
And my least favorite part of anime comes along.

Oh well, suppose one less series to keep tabs on for next weekend. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Galap wrote:

Now that you mention this I am curious about the decision to do a recap episode considering the anime only has 2 episodes left. They usually do these recaps around the midpoint of the season.

It's the Christmas season what do you expect man?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:05 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
@S0crates I like thats its the most watched though its a shame reviews are mixed. I see Europe and the Middle East prefers Jojo and Slime more though GS completely owns Australia.

From here;
Quote:
Goblin Slayer will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: USA, Canada, South Africa, UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Netherlands, ANZ and Latin America.

It wasn't simulcast world-wide and this includes only CRs' numbers, something you have to remember when interpreting these statistics. If pirate streams/downloads were taken into account Goblin Slayer might still come atop in those regions...
Schadows

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
The fact is, Crunchyroll doesn't stream Goblin Slayer in many countries. For example, in France, the series is streamed by another website, hence Slime being the most watched shows on CR.

Galap wrote:
More episodes = more sales to VOD websites, and more physical disc (animes a still mmostly sold by volume in japan).

It's still better than Wolf's Rain with it's 4 consecutive recap during the main serie, followed by 4 extra OVA episodes to close the story >__<
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Trendo wrote:
You should know that only Crunchyrolls release and any other partner company with CR had the censored version.
Every other streamingservice like Wakanim in Germany had the same version like in japan, without any changes.
In that case, CR decided they need to censor it and not the licenseholder from japan.

It's more likely to be Aniplex USA's fault, especially with all of the recent Sony censorship. Crunchyroll shouldn't have a bearing on Hulu's videos.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2