• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump Adds Haikyu!!, Demon Slayer, More to Simulpublishing Lineup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Haikyu!! rocks!
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
If you've ever wished that Skip Beat had more focus on Kyoko's acting career (and friendship with Kanae) and less on Ren, definitely check out act-age.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
This is like one of the biggest news this year. Amazing!
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I was one of those people that asked Viz every week to simulpub Kimetsu no Yaiba, so I'm really excited that my pleas were heard! I know some Viz website commenters will be happy to see Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen!! included as well. Razz

I'm officially SOLD on the new format of the site now.

Shay Guy wrote:
If you've ever wished that Skip Beat had more focus on Kyoko's acting career (and friendship with Kanae) and less on Ren, definitely check out act-age.

Welp, you just convinced me to catch up.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
They are going all in with this. Hopefully plenty of people support this because this is a great deal for the content being provided.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm quite excited for Act-Age and Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Also, the simulpublication time being moved up to noon PST/3 PM EST on Sunday is neat too; that should be roughly 5 AM on Monday in Tokyo? That's pretty realistic simultaneous publishing!
Technically, one can buy an issue of Jump earlier than that, as there was a time I've walked into a convenience store (either 7-Eleven or Family Mart?) and bought a copy of the just released issue at like 1 AM Sunday night/Monday morning (yay for being a tourist and thus not have to worry about work/school). But I assume that the vast majority of Jump buyers do so after a night's sleep Razz
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out why they allowed me to renew my yearly Shonen Jump subscription at Anime NYC if they were planning to get rid of yearly subscriptions.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out why they allowed me to renew my yearly Shonen Jump subscription at Anime NYC if they were planning to get rid of yearly subscriptions.
[img]

To be frank, I do think they are actually doing you a huge favor that way (I know it sounds crazy but bear with me Wink ). First, you are getting 3 additional months for free on top of your expected expiration date, also you are getting 4 more free Yu-Gi-Oh! promo cards that will worth much more than you think in the secondary market, if you do not care about the card game at all, you can sell those cards online and make an amzing cash profit that will way exceed your initial costs on manga subscription.

On the topic, I love the addition of Haikyuu, definitely a manga series that deserve even more love and recognition it's getting right now, although given the gap between the current chapters and the published volume from Viz, I do wonder how Viz will deal with that. [/img]
Somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Got any physical good as a bonus? Cause they've done that at some cons; I got a One-Punch Man tote bag when I renewed at Otakon 2016.
miraclekid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

If you do the math it actually works out to a slight discount for you. Divide $25.99 by 15 months (12 month sub + 3 free months) and you get $1.73 a month.

Maybe they weren't 100% sure if/when it was happening yet at that time?
Amaranth Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Your remaining subscription will be converted to access to the vault and you'll get three free months added on top of it. IMO it's well worth it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1